Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Question about front end

612 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  alaskan155 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So I purchased my 2003 7.3 PSD in December of last year. I've been having to do a lot of maintenance to it, as the previous owner either neglected it, or only swapped out parts as they went bad. One thing that I've been wondering about is the front end suspension. My truck doesn't have any shocks on the front end, it has leaf springs. Is this a normal thing for this year PSDs? Is there a conversion kit or anything that can convert this over to some coil shocks or something? The ride is pretty rough, which I don't mind so much; but my wife does. I didn't purchase the truck for luxury driving, but I would certainly be interested in exploring some type of conversion over to shocks.

Thanks guys!

Bill

#2 ·
I would surely like to know what :tard: removed the shocks from your truck. I cant help but to literally LOL.

I do carry FabTech and they make a complete coil over retro-fit, but its expensive. Better to find a 05 or newer front clip and swap out the axle and everything. This would be a good time to install better progressive rate springs.

#3 · (Edited)
Hey Corey,

Yeah, when I noticed it, I started scratching my head... It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. I'd be interested in taking a look at your coil-over retro-fit. I won't be ready to purchase anything for a couple more months, but I would certainly like to take a gander at it!

#5 ·
yeah just replace the front shocks.... don't know why they are gone...that's just weird.
i would understand if the sway bar was gone, i have had mine removed since the new year in the front......... no more clunking under the floor board thank god.. i have everything to rebuild minus 2 bolts just been lazy.

then if you plan coil overs (or just coils) convert to the 05+ axle in a few years.(or sooner)

or buy this expensive coil over kit
6 Dirt Logic SS 4.0 Coilovers w/ Rear Dirt Logic SS Shocks & Add-a-leafs, Block & U-bolt Kit - 2000-04 Ford F250/F350 4WD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.