4 lil red!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4 lil red!!

ive always been told not to put blocks under the front leafs but i want 2 so bad. you got them i see, i was wondering if you ever had problems with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Disclaimer:I am not responsible for what you do to your truck.
All right now that that is outta the way. I had a 96 with 3 inch blocks from new had about 70,000(with no problems) when I traded for an early 99 which had 4inch blocks since new had 76,000 when I traded for my current truck which has the same blocks from the 99 since new and have 56,000 on the truck for a total of 130,000 some miles and most of them have been pretty hard miles. And I have had no problems with them. I know some people will say their brothers cousins wifes uncles (twice removed) gay partner had blocks that have exploded or gave out in some way or another. Any way I know alot of people that have them and have never had a problem with them. I am thinking about taking mine out but its because I have a 1 year old little boy and gettin him in and outta the truck. Not to mention the springs dont like being that far from the axle and like to wrap up which is not very good for pullin the sled. If you have any more questions let me know and I'll answer them the best I can.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:09 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I spit a block while offroad in a buddies blazer out from under the front springs. Actually it twisted and only partially moved out.

I also spit a rear block (that was stacked) in the rear, which is another 'no no'.

Both instances came while manuevering offroad obstacles, NOT on road driving and were NOT in SuperDuties. I also had slight "steering issues" like bumpsteer b/c the drag link wasn't parallel, but that's besides the point.

Bottom line the suspension experts say don't do it, I didn't listen, I had the problem I ifixed my problem. I still have the blocks stacked in the rear and I don't know what happened to the kids truck I was wheelin with...

If you do decide to do lil reds setup which obviously has worked for him you can attempt to cure your axle wrap with an antiwrap bar... you can fab one up or see if one of the sponsors like stealth automotive carries one.

Last edited by Marty; 03-05-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:44 PM
The Fat Mod

I have also heard of people welding their front blocks on so they dont go walk about. Just a thought if you are dead set on doing it. But see the above mentioned disclaimer.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Premium Member

Kids....PLEASE DO NOT ATEMPT THIS AT HOME.....WE ARE PROFESSIONALS, AND APPARENTLY KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING?

Not recommended , but I have run them as well, without any problems.

Gord.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well i guess im going to do it also!lol. My truck sits about 2 inches lower in the front than the back and thats no good!!! i like the front up higher about a inch so im going to put 3 inch blocks in the front to give me about 13 in the front and 12 in the back. Then comes the custom 4 inch body and 49's(CANTWAIT) but this axle wrap lil red, what is that??
Old 03-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by akduece50 View Post
Then comes the custom 4 inch body and 49's(CANTWAIT) but this axle wrap lil red, what is that??
Oh no, not a body lift ..... worst thing i ever did to my old Chevy truck. No its not cuz it was a chevy either. Do what u want but in my opinion you got a beautiful truck and a BODY LIFT is not good idea. Just my $.02 but speaking from experience.... body lift is a no no especially on a big heavy truck like our superduty's.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Not to mention the springs dont like being that far from the axle and like to wrap up ....... WHats this mean cause i have blocks in the back and when i get into HARD the back end raises up and then when i let off it sits back down
Old 03-06-2007, 11:20 AM
SMOKE ROLLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat View Post
Kids....PLEASE DO NOT ATEMPT THIS AT HOME.....WE ARE PROFESSIONALS, AND APPARENTLY KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING?

Not recommended , but I have run them as well, without any problems.

Gord.

I ran them on my 02 with no problems, and the tack weld in place is a great idea!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Premium Member

Axel wrap is caused by the additional leverage on the housing caused by the blocks. You need to install a set of bars to hold the Axel in position, so you don't throw your angle to far out under hard acceleration, which can spit the u-joints out. I personally do not recommend 3'' blocks on the front with that much lift to begin with, and agree with the comments above as far as the body lift goes. I pulled my body lift out on my Blazer after a couple of months.

Gord.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.