Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

intercooler

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  DJM 
#1 ·
How much of a hassle is it to take out the intercooler do you gota pull the radiator or any of the other coolers? ALso what is the ID of the crank case vent hose I was gona do that vent bypass mod and clean out the intercooler wile im at it.

#2 ·
It is real easy... The easiest is to pull the fan, fan shroud... then you might be able to angle the radiator back and slide out the intercooler. Otherwise, just drain the coolant and pull the radiator. It is real easy to do. Alot easier then going from the front.

#3 ·
For the right way to do the CCV Mod I would go this route.

CCV Mod

#5 ·
Just wana do it the easiest way possible I will go have a look see and look at the easiest option thanks for the info.

#7 ·
It is so much easier to pull the radiator. I have done it both ways.

#8 ·
Thanks for the help guys try it out this weekend if it ever stops raining

#9 ·
Got this filter from work it's used to seperate the moisture and oil from the air lines. Hopefully it will work good for my CCV Filter.

#10 ·
Looks like it might work, but if you ask some of the guys that have made their own filters they will tell you to watch out for restriction, it will cause weird oil leaks.

#11 ·
Ya I was kinda woried about that I guess if I start gettin leaks I will just take it off and figure somethin else out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.