dash lights gone crazy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dash lights gone crazy

so i was driving home tonight and i noticed that my low fuel light flashed. i had 3/4 of a tank of fuel. light should not come on with 3/4. did this once before about a month ago but it only did it once and hadnt done it again. didnt think anything of it till tonight. this time not only is the low fuel light coming on the oil and temp light come on as well. they will come on briefly about 2-5 sec and go back out. no pattern to it. when the lights come on the guages kinda jump a little then go back when the lights go out. also noticed that the speedometer jumps a little when the lights come on as well. my speedo has always fluttered from 10 to 40 ever since i put that tru speed recalibrator on it tho. any thoughts on this issue. when all of this is happening i have no other symptoms. truck still runs fine and changing the setting on my chip has no affect on the problem.

i also have one more question. when i got my truck i had 3.73 gears in it. then i put 38's on it and it changed my speedometer. i then bought a tru speed recal. ever since i put that in i have had problems with my speedometer fluttering. a few weeks ago i changed my gear ratio to 4.30. my question is if i take the recalibrator out will it make my speedometer correct with factory settings since i changed tire size and gear ratio?

Thanks to all who may be able to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2009, 06:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.