Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Climate control fan troubleshooting

427 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  early99psd 
#1 ·
So my climate fan does not work on speeds 1 & 2, but works as it's supposed to on 3 & 4.

I know I can search and find out how to troubleshoot the fan on here, so if that is the answer, I can do it.

However, I am looking to see if anyone has a pinout for the fan speed switch. It's easier to access than the fan if I remember what I have read. I could just buy a new switch from the part store and see if that fixes it, but I really don't have the funds to spare to replace for the sake of troubleshooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
See if you can check on your fan resistor plug etc....That might need replacing or check on the solenoid on the side passenger fender. It has 2 side by side rubber plugs that sits over a outlet tube for the vacuum.....This solenoid also controls your locking hubs.....If your in cab 4x4 switch works then you can eliminate the solenoid and look at the fan resistor plug.

#3 ·
Could be the switch. Mine wouldn't work on med high, and it ended up being dirty contacts in the switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.