Fuel Pressure Gauge for an 01' 7.3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Pressure Gauge for an 01' 7.3

Ok. I bought this truck with a fuel pressure gauge already installed at the FPR on a Aeromotive pump being used to move WVO.

I want to move this pressure gauge to a spot where I can determine the pressure of both diesel and wvo, which would most likely be a port off the OEM fuel bowl. Is there a port on the fuel bowl that can be used to plumb in the gauge?

That said is there an easy way to determine what the fuel pressure is quickly? I read somewhere that there is a schrader on the fuel bowl? It's late and it's cold outside I ain't crawlin' into the engine bay right now if I can get an answer from one-ah you gearheads.

If there is a schrader on there can I get a screw on like air pressure gauge and determine pressure that way? Or is that totally insane?

Ideas needed gents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2009, 01:47 PM

If its setup like a veggie-stroke-a-like, you can not put it on the fuel bowl since the VO pressure hits the CV and does not make it that far. My VO pressure gauge is mounted just after the FPHE under the pass seat on the rail and it shows me the pressure on diesel and also on VO. my gauge is whack but it helps me to see the pattern.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:32 PM

My gauge is current on the FPR of my WVO pump - it normallyy reads somewhere around 30psi which based on what I know is about 20psi low.

Either that or the guage is toast. Thats why I want to measure the pressure elsewhere - before I turn up the regulator.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:38 PM

Wow my first post from my bb hope this works!

You want to be at about 70 psi. I would start by getting a cheap gauge from autozone to verrify yours is telling the truth. If it is then crank it up.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:56 PM

Wow so I just looked up the invoice on the FPR - it's Aeromotive 13109 rated from 40-75psi. Guess I should just turn that puppy wide open and damn the torpedoes!

This is basically the only thing left from the crappy conversion that the truck came with - that FPR and an Aero 11106 fuel pump. Oh well that's $600.00 I didn't need to spend on the re-conversion...
Old 10-01-2009, 08:33 AM

Are you going the CV route?

If you have been running the truck at 30 psi for a while, you might be needing injectors pretty soon....

This is the truck with the 2 valves and the return setup right? I was thinking about this yesterday. If you have the fuel flow through the heads and return to the tank, you need something in there to keep the FP up. If its a unrestricted return you will not have enough FP to keep the engine happy. if this FPR is infront of the return and the return is wideopen, you will not have enough FP.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:38 AM

There are check valves on both WVO and #2...it also uses the oem fuel bowl - so the return is regulated through it's FPR...it has (3) 3-way valves - as I run a controlled return for purging...pretty standard set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubular031 View Post
Are you going the CV route?

If you have been running the truck at 30 psi for a while, you might be needing injectors pretty soon....

This is the truck with the 2 valves and the return setup right? I was thinking about this yesterday. If you have the fuel flow through the heads and return to the tank, you need something in there to keep the FP up. If its a unrestricted return you will not have enough FP to keep the engine happy. if this FPR is infront of the return and the return is wideopen, you will not have enough FP.

Last edited by mankypro; 10-01-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.