another flashing battery light - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 08:41 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
another flashing battery light

my Battery light started flashing Tuesday. by the time I got to work it was on steady. I got to the office popped the hood and checked the drivers side battery with a meter and got 12.2 volts with the engine running and 12.2 volts with engine off. so I removed the alternator and took it to the local alternator repair shop. I had it rebuilt. they said the voltage regulator and the stator was bad. I put it back on the truck tightened a loose battery cable on the drivers side battery and started it up. Checked the voltage again at the battery and 14.1 volts with the engine running. and my fluke meter with the amperage loop said my truck was pulling 69 amps off it with lights and ac on. So the alternator is working but the battery light is still flashing. I said maybe my batteries were low and just needed charged. I drove around for a day (mostly with the battery light off) Today I check the batteries with the truck off and they are both at 12.7v I start the truck and voltage goes to 14v battery light still flashing. I try to test the voltage at the field coil but couldn't get my probe in the hole because of the intake tube. I took the alternator off and took it back to the shop who tested it out said it tested fine but if I wanted I could leave it and he would take it apart at check the connections. I did, he did, and I picked it up this afternoon put it back on and tested it at 14v but still have a flashing battery light. I found the article on here about flashing battery light but my 02 does not have fuses named the same as the ones listed in that article.

Any Ideas would be very welcome.
Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I kind of had the same deal but instead of having my alternator rebuilt I bought a new one with a lifetime warranty. About a week after the new one was on my light started coming on again so I took the alternator off and they tested, they said it was fine and that it was most likely my batteries. I had both of my batteries tested and they turned out fine so I insisted that they replace the alternator that they said was good, because of the warranty they did and since then I haven't had any problems at all.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:07 AM

i had a similar problem with my 99 450 i finnaly found that the 2 wire connector on the alt had a bad connection internally there is a repair pigtail you can get to replace it
Old 09-27-2009, 09:41 AM

I second checking the wires leading to the back of the alternator. that is what was wrong with mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.