Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Turbo Disassemble Help

586 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  F2502001 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I'm brand new to this forum. I have a 7.3 that I purchased a wicked wheel and the 360 degree bearing kit. I'm looking for some guidance or an how to article for disassembly of the turbo and installation on the 360 bearing rebuild kit please. Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 ·
Reactions: just_the_tip
#6 ·
#3 ·
Thank you for the help, I clicked on the link and it brought me to the front page of the forums on the other website. Is it under a sticky or certain category? Thanks!

Also: I forgot to mention I have the pedestal delete ebpv? I don't remember how it's pronounced, is it pretty straight forward swap also? Thanks again.

#4 ·
Ya that thread is located under the performance parts FAQ for the 7.3.

The pedestal is easy to swap. Make sure to replace the orings for the pedestal. There is 2 between the block and pedestal and 2 between the pedestal and turbo.

If I remember it's held down by three bolts. And the torque spec for them is only 17 ft lbs so don't over tighten them.

Are you putting a non ebpv outlet on the turbo too? That has to be removed anyway for the rebuild.

Also instead of removing the C clip that holds the wastegate down just remove the two 10mm nuts holding the head of the wastegate on. Theneither use two screwdrivers to get the head up over the bracket or shop air in the nipple to extend it up and over. That c clip can be a pain so I just leave it where it is.

Riffraff diesel also has a guide that is a little easier to follow for the diy'er. Nick is very thorough and can be overwhelming for a rookie ps owner.

Reactions: just_the_tip
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.