Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Straightpipe or Stacks?

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  rsater1 
#1 ·
I cant decide what to do.... i bought the MBRP 5in turbo back straight pipe and tacked it together. My beds shot, just a matter of time before i get another. That being said, if i was to run stacks then now would need to be the time. I like to run two of the Cat stacks angled, figured i'd just move the tool box forward to accommodate the stacks. Any change expectations in performance? This is my first ford and first Diesel. Any tips are appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
No performance gain or loss. Just more noise. Don't expect to hold a conversation in the cab though

Which could be beneficial if someone talks to much and you don't want to hear them Haha.

#4 ·
I have ran stacks on some of my rigs Over the years. I prefer however to not waste bed space.

#5 ·
Funny, when we were truck shopping, my boy would head toward the trucks with stacks while me and my wife would head the other way. Just sayin :)

#6 · (Edited)
Stacks are reminiscent of times gone by. Between the kids ruining the image and there not being any true functionality outside of truck pulls, working in the field, etc, is it worth your time and bed space? I know what I'm thinking when I see stacks on a truck anymore. This is just going to be an opinionated thread. Everyone has their own ideas. There's mine.

#7 · (Edited)
^^^ WELL SAID ,,i don't care for them either, but if it is a play truck then go ahead ,,, to each is own,, i like to be able to communicate with the passengers ,,, MOST OF THE TIME.. LOL,, and depending on where u live ,,it's just an invitation to pull u over and dot %$@# with u ,,i say if u put stacks , it just pussin out from a hood exhaust,, and then your definitely getting "@^$#ED" WITH

#11 ·
can't see what yr or how many miles on it , exhaust was 1 of the last things I did, to it , I would fix all leaks first,, lol or try to, fuel, oil, water, break's, leaks these are things that will make it more reliable. i'm sure someone else will thinks of something .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.