Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

08 Dash Swap

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SirSevenTree 
#1 ·
im just curious on what info is out there for the 2008 - 2010 Dash Swaps.
maybe make this a sticky or not
just a thread on everything everyone has about 08 dash swaps

i just want to see if theres anyone who has completed and or how far people gave gone or who is attempted it

or any questions or comments.

basically i want a discussion about a 08 dash swaps
pics, info everything you know.

how much did you pay for your parts

what did you do about the
gauge cluster
Headlight switch panel
wiring
AC Controls
AC Ducting
AC HVAC
The Frame
Steering wheel
steering column
fuse box
radio

See less See more
#2 ·
I dont know if anyone else has done it besides you.

#3 ·
TOOK THE WORD'S OUT OF MY MOUTH .. CLETUS!!

#4 ·
#5 ·
A guy local to me is mostly done his 08 dash swap. I can't really add much though except he said it wasn't all that difficult. He is still using the 7.3 gauge cluster though

#6 · (Edited)
I have done a swap and did things a little differently.

I am in the process(mostly finished) of moving ALL electronics inside the cab (power distribution box, IDM,PCM, and maybe abs module). I welded the fuse block to the outside facing the drivers door for ease of access to all the fuses and a kind of an OEM type look. (Don't judge the welds it's my first time ever) I am still trying to figure out how to clean up where the pcm and IDM will rest but it all works with minimal splicing and drilling. I drilled a 2 inch hole right next to my right foot to run the 4 plugs that attach at the frame rail. I drilled a 2 inch hole behind the passenger fender in the lower portion for the passenger side run. The passenger side lost about 4 inches so I still have to run a hose for the MAP sensor but the wires do connect mounting the sensor to the passenger fender.

For the engine harness stuff I drilled a hole on the flat face of the firewall almost flush with the valve covers. I swapped the valve covers to move the pcv to pass side because I see no point in having it there blowing into intake and gunning up wires. I used a 2 inch plumbing donut from home depot and cut to fit then gobbled it up with some industrial grade sealant. It has enough overhang if the wires want to stretch they stay in that rubber channel better that just an oring

Attachments

#7 ·
Things I learned during the swap. The fuse block mounts really well in the spot I chose but I made a 90° bracket when I should've just made a flat bar, it would clear the dash trim a bit better. I may revisit that later on but I just want my truck to run again lol. As far as wiring goes I am trying to be a minimalistic as possible to make this a do it yourself swap. I've gotten ALOT of flak for wanting to relocate this equipment but they don't have to deal with what I did, had one hell of a rain storm knockout most of my stuff so instead of replacing everything and having it happen a year down the road I'm fixing this permanently. If you guys have any questions regarding what I've done let me know and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.