Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need help ASAP!!

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  99psd 
#1 ·
Hey guys I got a 01 psd,I jus bought an exhaust for th truck,Before I put exhaust on I want to get egt gauge hooked up..Well gauges were in the truck when I bought it,The gauges are isspro gauges w/ a exhaust temp circuit box, also has oil temp gauge also,well while installing probe I see a wire with a connecter for probe? and then I got two wires that have nuts on the ends of them wat are these wires for?? tried explaining best I could. thanks guys for any input

#2 ·
one other question too where on dp should I put the probe?

#3 ·
BUMP BuMP bUmP

#4 ·
normally you want to put your EGT probe before the turbo so you know the temps before the turbo so you don't harm turbo and have more accurate reading before gasses travel through turbo

#5 ·
quick ? do u happy to know what the 2 wires are under my dash that have nuts on the end of them its not hook up to probe but they are in the bundle of wires that go to the gauges..could it b wiring for the oil temp gauges???

#6 ·
quick ? do u happy to know what the 2 wires are under my dash that have nuts on the end of them its not hook up to probe but they are in the bundle of wires that go to the gauges..could it b wiring for the oil temp gauge???

#8 ·
And also the pyro probe should go in the exhaust manifold, not the down pipe.

#9 ·
#10 ·
I think those connect to the probe..... does your probe have those same two wires? I got my gauges from diesel manor and they offered that and the whether pack connector

#11 ·
Oh so what ur saying is that I can either use the whether connector or the wires that have the two nuts on the end of them?

#12 ·
#13 ·
thanks man I figured it out with ur instructions the other plug go's to my oil temp gauge whoo thanks:icon_ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.