how many miles does your stock truck have? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how many miles does your stock truck have?

hey i was wondering how many miles your stock powerstrokes have. if its had a rebuild please say what? my 99 f450 has 155xxx on it with a new tranny my 96 2500 cummins has 185xxx on it with no rebuilds it doesnt seem to ever slow down my ford seems like it has not near the power when hauling or pulling and both are stock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoytcummins7 View Post
hey i was wondering how many miles your stock powerstrokes have. if its had a rebuild please say what? my 99 f450 has 155xxx on it with a new tranny my 96 2500 cummins has 185xxx on it with no rebuilds it doesnt seem to ever slow down my ford seems like it has not near the power when hauling or pulling and both are stock.
Thats odd we have a 97 dodge on the farm with 362k and it's on it's 3rd trans and second engine. My grandfater's f350 is a 96 with over 500k all stock. Maybe the Ford was built on Monday or Friday.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_f350 View Post
Thats odd we have a 97 dodge on the farm with 362k and it's on it's 3rd trans and second engine. My grandfater's f350 is a 96 with over 500k all stock. Maybe the Ford was built on Monday or Friday.
not sure but the dodge has never had a rebuild and runs like a champ the ford when i hook up to a load of wood doesnt barly wanna even pull it and it just got a new trans not long ago. i heard on dodges the trans can go quick its all in how you run them and mine isnt now and wasnt from the previous owner ran hard it was pulled with though. and i cant recal ever hearing that a dodge needed a new motor are you sure it has a cummins or a magnum?
Old 09-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well thats strange.. the PSD has over 100lbs of torque more than that 12 valve. Something is not right with the PSD if it can barely tow some wood.

Quote:
not sure but the dodge has never had a rebuild and runs like a champ the ford when i hook up to a load of wood doesnt barly wanna even pull it and it just got a new trans not long ago. i heard on dodges the trans can go quick its all in how you run them and mine isnt now and wasnt from the previous owner ran hard it was pulled with though. and i cant recal ever hearing that a dodge needed a new motor are you sure it has a cummins or a magnum?
The trans has nothing to do with not wanting to pull. You may have a boost leak or a sensor/ebvp issue or something.

I know a guy w/ an '08 dodge, short box, single cab and hemi. Last I talked to him (like a year ago) he was working on transmission number 3 or 4.. cant remember.

140k miles all stock. Runs like a top, and gets 18-20mpg city. Not complaining.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
It was and still is a 5.9. The first one is setting in the barn with the rod sticking out the oil pan. My grandpa bought it in 2003 with 89k to replace the Ford and all he did was replace parts. He was an every 3k no matter what guy to. The first trans let go two weeks after he bought it pulling hay. The orignal engine let go around 140k pulling the 5th wheel. The second trans was changed out due to a converter failure. The orignal trans was dead at 40k or something like that. It has sit for the last two years and the Ford just keeps working. Not near as good as it did in 96 but I think he has his moneys worth out of her.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
Well thats strange.. the PSD has over 100lbs of torque more than that 12 valve. Something is not right with the PSD if it can barely tow some wood.

The trans has nothing to do with not wanting to pull. You may have a boost leak or a sensor/ebvp issue or something.

I know a guy w/ an '08 dodge, short box, single cab and hemi. Last I talked to him (like a year ago) he was working on transmission number 3 or 4.. cant remember.

140k miles all stock. Runs like a top, and gets 18-20mpg city. Not complaining.
i dont know what is wrong i got it at an auction thats probably the problem and that load of wood is a really big load of wood cut in 10ft length piled high as we could on the dump trailer but the dodge pulled it to the house until i took it to be deliverd but the ford has a dump so it is used for work my dodge i drive every day to school and havent had any problems except for a blown brake line i guess its all in how people take care of theyre stuff.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Banned

Like I said, something is wrong with the truck then. Start looking into filters, oil, CEL's, boost leaks, sticky ebpv etc
Old 09-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_f350 View Post
It was and still is a 5.9. The first one is setting in the barn with the rod sticking out the oil pan. My grandpa bought it in 2003 with 89k to replace the Ford and all he did was replace parts. He was an every 3k no matter what guy to. The first trans let go two weeks after he bought it pulling hay. The orignal engine let go around 140k pulling the 5th wheel. The second trans was changed out due to a converter failure. The orignal trans was dead at 40k or something like that. It has sit for the last two years and the Ford just keeps working. Not near as good as it did in 96 but I think he has his moneys worth out of her.
yea but if he was just useing it for the farm what condition and how hard was it ran before he got it that has alot to do with it. all my buddies around here that have diesels all have dodges except for like 2 and the one has alot of problems with his and its a 99 aswell. the only reason we got the ford was because it was at an auction and cheap so we dont know how well it was taken care of but my dodge i got from the origional owner so i know it was taken care of.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
Like I said, something is wrong with the truck then. Start looking into filters, oil, CEL's, boost leaks, sticky ebpv etc
yea theres gotta be something does your truck take off quick cause this one starts off like a slug i dont know if its the extra wieght from the dump bed if that has anything to do with it or not but i dont know, me and my dad never drove a powerstroke before though so not sure what to expect im the only one that ever had a diesel and i havent had it long just since i got my liscense last year and it is doin good.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

Depends how you drive it. If you baby the hell out of it and stay out of boost, yes, it CAN feel like a slug. But I also just rest my foot on the pedal to drive. I baby it. If you give it a decent amount of pedal, it will take off like a bat out of hell and hit boost easy.

There is NO competition in terms of speed between these PSD's and any 12 valve. None at all. The 12v is a slug compared to these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.