what can i do - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: oceanside, CA
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what can i do

ok so i have a 2001 F250 CC sb with some minor upgrades including a 5" turbo back and a CAI. my truck has a 6 speed in it. is there anyway i can turn up the fuel or the boost a little with out getting a programer. i would like more power but i would allso like to blow a little smoke not a hole lot and that's not all i want to do but my truck doesn't blow any. the only thing i don't like to is i don't build boost intill allmost when i am out of gear and i have to shift. any input would be great, due to a newborn in the house i don't have any real money to put into a tunner or anything.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
resistor mod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC/Buff, NY/Midlothian, VA
Posts: 5,630
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You cant really turn up the fuel or boost on these except a tuner or resistor mod. Why would you want to blow smoke if your driving a stock *** truck?

These trucks build maximum boost at 1600rpms, a good deal before redline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Shawnee, OK
Posts: 4,938
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
try this

99-03 7.3L 10K resistor mod - VIDEO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 338
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyOne View Post
ok so i have a 2001 F250 CC sb with some minor upgrades including a 5" turbo back and a CAI. my truck has a 6 speed in it. is there anyway i can turn up the fuel or the boost a little with out getting a programer. i would like more power but i would allso like to blow a little smoke not a hole lot and that's not all i want to do but my truck doesn't blow any. the only thing i don't like to is i don't build boost intill allmost when i am out of gear and i have to shift. any input would be great, due to a newborn in the house i don't have any real money to put into a tunner or anything.
thanks
IDK I have the Edge Juice with attitude, 5" turbo back straight (thought it was 4" till I measured it) DIY intake and wicked wheel. Mine doesn't smoke much at all. I have seen some that smoke like a freight train. I wonder if they use farm diesel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Powerstroke Junkie


 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mayberry, NC
Posts: 8,309
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You can shim the FP up by using a ball bearing, but to be honest with you I would get a quality tune or tunes from DP or TW and don't mess around with all the other crap!! Better get gauges first, you want these chip or no chip!!

NCH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Shawnee, OK
Posts: 4,938
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_f350 View Post
IDK I have the Edge Juice with attitude, 5" turbo back straight (thought it was 4" till I measured it) DIY intake and wicked wheel. Mine doesn't smoke much at all. I have seen some that smoke like a freight train. I wonder if they use farm diesel.
farm diesel and on road diesel is the same except for the red dye
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-22-2009, 08:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 338
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroken04 View Post
farm diesel and on road diesel is the same except for the red dye
No crap? Man we get the stuff on the farm for about 1.70 a gallon. Will it hurt my truck to run it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: oceanside, CA
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_f350 View Post
No crap? Man we get the stuff on the farm for about 1.70 a gallon. Will it hurt my truck to run it?
no but it's not taxed, so if you get cought using it it's a huge fine...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: oceanside, CA
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
You cant really turn up the fuel or boost on these except a tuner or resistor mod. Why would you want to blow smoke if your driving a stock *** truck?

These trucks build maximum boost at 1600rpms, a good deal before redline.
it's not all stock. i just want a little more power. and mabey a little smoke out of my 6" tip i would like to mabey trade my 6 speed for a auto so my wife could drive it but i don't have the money for the swap. if there is anyone that wants to trade in cali and can do the work let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors