Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

ICP OEM vs Generic

18K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  blue99stroker 
#1 ·
I unplugged the ICP sensor to check for oil, sure enough it's soaked. So I looked around and it seems like I can either pay $150 for a real sensor, or $20 for one from ebay. Anybody have experience with el cheapo sensors?

Reactions: GreatDane
#3 ·
:agree: Never be afraid to buy the best you won't be dissappointed! Just went through installing ICP, IPR, and now on to the UVCH and glow plugs. Truck was dying when coming to a stop, new ford IPR through amazon prime fixed it right up 161K miles

#4 ·
Yeah I have experience with the cheapy.
It started puking enough oil to leave a good trail in just 4 days. I'll even tell you the seller. Diesel crap and parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Only buy oem. I've ran a few aftermarket icp's and they last 6 months and never work right anyways. I've had a rough idle occasionally, it was from a aftermarket icp.

New oem icp smooth as butter and they last!

I picked it up for 110 on eBay

#11 ·
You're running the standard motor products icp102 now, correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#6 ·
They don't say "you get what you pay for" for no good reason.

#8 ·
Anyone heard of Diesel Truck Parts Direct located in Fairfield California? Im looking at ordering an aftermarket ICP and EBP sensor through them. I called and asked what brand they used and he said they use thier own brand made in Japan, not China and comes with a 13 month warranty and they have sold 1260 according to thier ebay page on following link. I live about 20 min from thier store so warranty returns would be easy if I had to go that route.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281395905564

#10 ·
#12 ·
A little off topic but when viewing your ICP pressure at idle on a scanner is the pressure steady or is thier fluctuation? Im using torque pro to monitor and my pressure bounces around by 70 psi sometimes. I have no oil in plug but when ohm'd shows resistance between 25-40 kOhms depending on temp. This is one of the reasons I asked about using oem vs aftermarket as I still have original ICP with 235K miles with no other "normal" symptoms of a bad ICP and may be in the market for a new one.

#13 ·
Mine bounces around it goes from like 600 - 800 psi

#14 ·
Mine from O'Reillys (It was a Saturday afternoon, everyone else was either closed or didn't have one) has been running fine for me.... Have had it in for at least a year and a half.

#17 ·
I'm actually running a standard icp102. My oem lasted 3 months.

Standard has been working fine for 3 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.