Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

exstended warenty????

748 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  NCHornet 
#1 ·
I got a post card From Ford saying my factory warenty is about to exspire. And to renew if i wanted to Do this and this. I am eligable for a factory warenty if i want up to 250K. Any body have this? My truck has 152k and i did not know there was any warenty left unless the previouse owner put a exstended warenty on. Any exsperience with this and is it worth it. My truck is mildly modded will i just be wasting money on this or is it a good idea. The only thing i could see i would want help with warenty wise is engine and trans. My trans is modded with a tugger and my motor a chip. Will they even warenty this stuff being modded?

#2 ·
Dale are you sure it was from ford? You have to be within the original warranty to get an extended warranty from them.

Alot of those postcards come from aftermarket warranty companies

#3 ·
hahah this is funny, i get post cards with recommend service intervals for things over 200k, i bet their computers screw up when they print those cards.

#4 ·
Well i guess it dosent matter now i think the wife tossed it.

#5 ·
haha I wont ever get one again I do work at my buddies shop now and dont really have to pay for much...

#6 ·
Its complete b.s. !!! Nobody will warranty your truck, if they do they won't pay to fix it when it breaks cause they'll use the "its a work truck" excuse. When I bought my dually used we were offered a 3 month 12K mile warranty from a reputable aftermarket warranty company for like $200 just incase it crapped out on us after we left the dealership. We bought it and about 3 weeks later we got a letter in the mail saying they wouldn't warranty the truck and to expect our refund but it wouldn't state why we were denied. I called them and they said they don't warranty work trucks. I stated to them that it wasn't a work truck and they said that people don't by trucks like mine to just drive them around they buy em to work em therefore putting more stress on parts and likely breaking things earlier then they would normally break. Its ok though cause that $200 went towards my gauges anyways :)

#7 ·
I do all my own work. dont get me wrong some thing scare me but i will dig in any way and for the most part it comes out good. The trans scares me to death. I had to pull my VB 3 times to get the tugger right. I was sweating bullets when it was locked in first and would not shift.:(
Darn check ball:doh:

#8 ·
I dont blame you , tranny scares me too cause it always costs a fortune no matter what goes wrong with it.

The warranty for my 150 replaced the engine among several window problems, rear axle seals and diff seal, u joints 2 summers ago and something else..

:)

#9 ·
I too doubt it was actually from Ford although they might want you to think it was. Any chance they get to deny a claim they will jump on, you have modded the engine and trans, I promise you they would deny any claims on these. Probably better your wife tossed it, it's where it belongs!!

NCH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.