Gds Ball Buster Turbo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gds Ball Buster Turbo

I was looking at the GDS BB Turbo upgrade and HI-Power outlet plate. Supposed to bolt right up AND eliminates EBPV. Anybody have this setup and how well does it work on your rig?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i have no clue on the turbo, cause i basically want to know the same thing you do cause im looking for a turbo. But i do have 1 question 4 ya. I have a 00 7.3 with just about everything you have, Does you transmission shift hard? Mine shifts Hard, Like a Jerk into gear. People tells me this is good, does anybody else know?
Old 02-25-2007, 01:01 AM
Premium Member

The harder it shifts, the less slippage you are getting, and the less slippage you get the less heat and wear you get. The DP is designed to change the shift points, line pressure and tc lock up points in your trans, so you don't blow it out of the truck.

Gord..
Old 02-25-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akduece50 View Post
i have no clue on the turbo, cause i basically want to know the same thing you do cause im looking for a turbo. But i do have 1 question 4 ya. I have a 00 7.3 with just about everything you have, Does you transmission shift hard? Mine shifts Hard, Like a Jerk into gear. People tells me this is good, does anybody else know?
(SHIFT KIT, A.M BANDS CLUTCHES,SPRAGS, EARLY C6 REAR HUB)
I see in Mikes sig. that he has the above mods in his tranny. If you have these mods too then that is probably why your tranny is shifting so hard. What straycat said is true. Harder shifts mean less slippage resulting in less heat build up. Some aftermarket tuners like DP and the Predator, which is what I have, increase transmission line pressures to prevent slippage which will give you firmer shifts. I have the stock tranny programming selected on mine and it shifts like it has a shift kit in it. My Predator instructions advise not to select a firm or hard shift program (if) the tranny has a shift kit installed, which I don't. This is to prevent any damage. You may not have anything to worry about with yours though, although I don't know how hard yours is shifting. I hope this helps some
Old 02-25-2007, 04:18 PM

I had a lot of problems with my trans. When it was STOCK Ford put a remanufactured in at 1k miles off the lot . Shortly after that I lost the front seal , 15k later it went out again 12k after that it went out again . This was just doing daily driving no mods! The last time I took it to a very reputable shop told him what I was going to use the truck for and had him build it accordingly! Every truck is different I got a good motor but a weak trans maybe 2. Like straycat said if your trans is shifting firm that's a good thing.
Like deeno said about adjusting your shift program when I ordered my chip the first thing Jody asked was what mods I had done to my trans and He programed it accordingly. He adjusted the firmness and the shift points. Sounds like you got a good one
Old 02-25-2007, 04:27 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
Anyone have the info on the turbo? I'm in the market and would like to know about this.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:37 PM

TKS for the bump Ditty
Old 02-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

I don't know anything about the BB turbo, but I ordered the exhaust back plate last week hope its here tomorrow!
Old 03-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

still nothing on the turbo?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:08 PM

I did some research and decided I have enough turbo for my mods for now. I installed an ATS compressor housing to solve my turbo surge and I left the stock wheel in because I read it moves more air than the WW and I didn't want to lose any low end power, I adjusted my wastegate 3 turns to get a little more boost. I installed it today runs good. I think my next mod will be dual hpop pic in garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.