this weekend - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this weekend

ok guys going this weekend to look at the 99 250 . local trade in norther jersey . my dad already took a quick look at this truck monday told me. other then some minor wear for the age looks flawless and pretty sharp. oasis kick'd back and fairly clean report with some minor trim pieces fixed . some other normal wear items too . truck only has 54k its a lariat comes with a western V plow my dad tells me paint on the blade doesn't look like its been used. sales man told him the other only plowd his lot for this buses. salesman almost claims that he know the owner well for over 20 yrs and the onwer bought and serviced all his truck thought their dealership . anyone give me anything i should be aware on 99 's i should look for other then check list for the buyers guide ? heres the only pic i have on there dealership website .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Looks nice and low miles. What is the build date on the truck? Is it an early 99 or a 99.5?
Old 02-22-2007, 06:29 PM
im fat and ugly

sounds like a solid truck
Old 02-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to fordfan99350
it's a late... it has the powerstroke on the door. ( might be some lates with the V8 on the fender, but don't think any earlys had the power stroke badge on the door )

i like the truck... just get under it and check the oil pan for rust, and any other leaks while your under there.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Yes good advice on the oil pan. When I had my truck up on the lift for my exhaust install I noticed my pan had some corrosion on it. There was enough to make me concerned about it. I bought some por 15 going to give it a shot when it warms up and I can get underneath. You have to pull the engine to change the oil pan its pretty costly so check it out good.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:44 PM

Make sure you put it through its paces as far as accelerating, braking, turning, etc...and listen for any bumps/clunks/and whatnot. We had a guy at work who used to beat the living hell out of our plow truck whenever he got in it. He never seemed to realize that stopping when you get to the curb was a good thing Not to mention the fact that he'd hug the curbs to the point that you could see the front end of the truck shuddering when he went parallel to one. It wasn't long before keeping that truck (2005 F-250 gasser) straight on the highway was like trying to dance with a greased fat chick.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:47 PM

oasis states 1-10- 99 . oil pan was replace at like 30k and rear main water pump was service with t-stat like 28k i belevie . however most the PM was done at the owner bus garage. i'm still going to look over everything
Old 02-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Another thing to look at is the ball joints especially with the plow on it. They are notorious for going out early with the added weight of the diesel engine plus add the plow weight you could be replacing them. Look to see if they are greasable ones if they are they have been replaced at least once already as the factory ones are not greasable.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:52 PM

my teacher was a ford tech for over 15yrs . the oil pan problem is that they rot from the inside out . also he specailized in trans as soon as you start it up thorw it in reverse there should be no delay . also smell atf for blunt or sweetness smell like candy gives off aditives maybe covering up a problem .
Old 02-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Sweet sounds like you have done your homework Good luck on the purchase hopefully she is the one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.