Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Archoil - it works

42K views 160 replies 33 participants last post by  Patriot 
#1 ·
I got a gift card for the holidays and decided why not try Archoil in both of my trucks.

The 99 has 240k miles on the original fuel system (hpop, injectors, etc) and when cold there is an audible miss from one or more of the injectors until the truck warms up and the noise becomes less pronounced.

I added 16oz of archoil to the crankcase. After only 100 miles of driving the injector noise when cold is completely gone. I am not a fan of "snake-oils" but this stuff definitely works.

Even on the 97 which has 190k miles on the original fuel system the archoil has quieted the injectors.

I am not planning to use archoil at every oil change unless the symptoms come back on the 99.

On my next fillup I will be adding the archoil fuel treatment as well.

For anyone considering archoil I would strongly give it a try.

#2 ·
got my free sample from bill at powerstroke help. It treats 80 gallon and i just did a refill saturday on my first tank of additive, the truck did 18.8 mpg. Now this truck has never did that well, i believe i hit 18.2 once but most of the time i am 16.8 to 17. Already ordered a 8oz bottle for our camping trip in a couple of weeks. This will be the real test because we may doing around 3000 miles on this trip..

Reactions: john galt
#6 ·
I have had great luck with the oil additive as well. In both my 7.3 and my 6.0.

The fuel additive doesnt gain me any MPG but it does help my stiction out in the 6.0 and cold starts(below zero) with both trucks.

#7 · (Edited)
When you add something, you subconsciously drive the vehicle differently so you obtain the results you want to see. None of that crap works. The only thing that's any good is sta-bil to let fuel not go bad as fast. My Nissan truck used to get 19mpg driving it around. I put E3 spark plugs in it and it got 27. The only difference, it wasn't an opinion "oh it sure runs better" it was pure gas receipts that did the talking. I didn't drive differently. The truck is so old that putting good plugs in it helped it. A new vehicle would NEVER see that much of an increase. I threw them away now but for years after installation I had the fuel receipts before and after. The numbers don't lie. The E3's didn't solve a problem, they just made things even better. I would never pour anything into my engine to fix a problem. I would change parts to fix a problem. Some would say that the E3's didn't do anything that a new set of normal plugs would have. That I can't verify but the plugs I removed only had about 19,000 miles on them when I changed them. The truck is 20 years old and only has 36,000 miles on it today.

I can pile enough pillows on top of a lawnmower engine that knocks to where it will purr like a kitten. But I didn't fix the problem. Same with this silly stuff.

#9 ·
When you add something, you subconsciously drive the vehicle differently so you obtain the results you want to see. None of that crap works.
There are a LOT of guys on here who will strongly disagree with that statement, :twocents:

Most snake oils are just that, but Archoil and Rev-X have proven results

Also a quality fuel additive that demulsifies water and raises cetane should be used regularly, since our ultra low sulfur diesel fuel sucks, and water in your fuel can cause expensive problems. I use sta-bil in my boat and lawn mower

Finally I've never changed the spark plugs in my 6.0 or 7.3 and one has 140k & the other is at 160k. And they both run great :roll1:

#archoilgangbang

#8 ·
Archoil works. There is overwhelming evidence to prove it.

No it won't fix a mechanical issue

#14 ·
there are studdies, there are tests there is data and there is experience all of which show the stuff works.
not going to slam anyone just sayin fro my research and my experience it helps. I have 150k on my injectors and it quiets them down and smooths out my motor both at idle and on the hwy.
there are plenty of snake oils available but this aint one of them.
never really noticed anything from the fuel treatment but havent run it in my truck.
DTR did a video on cylinder contribution with stiction then adding rev x and that works too.
in fact countless people have tried one and not gotten rid of a problem then tried the other and boom it clears up.
doesn't seem to matter which they start with either...
just sayin

#16 ·
E3 spark plugs are scary. They loose straps all the time. A good Iridium plug is 100 times better.

Reactions: john galt
#20 ·
And claiming archoil is snakeoil despite the proven results from many org members

#21 ·
I ran Archoil AR6200 in my fuel last winter. It clearly helped with cold starts. I just did both the oil and fuel treatment (AR9100 in the crankcase and AR6200 in the fuel). At one oil change a year, it will take me awhile to produce results that I can relay here but it does work.

Reactions: SparkyF250
#24 ·
I noticed a pretty quick improvement in cold start idle and the oil pressure stabilized way faster after WOT runs.

#25 ·
My 6.0 was starting rough and lopey with white smoke for about 30 seconds every morning in temps under 40*F. After Archoil, it would cold soak start immediately smooth with no smoke at 0* every morning. Nuff said!! Good snake oil!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 · (Edited)
If you believe the hype and want to spend your hard earned money on it, that's your choice! God Bless America! If you think it worked, that's your right. If you want to endorse the product based on your results, that's wonderful. But fair is fair, if someone comes behind you and says "prove it" don't be whiney like a baby when you can't.

There is not a shred of concrete scientific evidence that this stuff works. Just like there is limited proof E3's work at all. That's why you won't see a single thread on a single forum with me endorsing them. Why? Because as the old saying says, "Your results may vary." I don't want to go to bed at night thinking I swayed someone into buying something that probably doesn't work. Nope, I'm not getting paid by these companies so I'm not doing any free advertising for them.

#29 ·
Naw he didn't call you an idiot for running it. He just claims his proof is better then your proof :rofl::rofl:

#31 ·
Well besides everyone here who has real world results, there's this http://archoil.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Diesel-Tech-March-2016.pdf And this http://archoil.eu/wp-content/upload...ces-Heat-Wear-on-Race-Engine-Transmission.pdf Or maybe this http://archoil.eu/wp-content/upload...STM-Diesel-Fuel-Specification-Test-Result.pdf, or some more real user reviews Archoil AR6200 Combustion Catalysis and Burn Modifier - TheDieselGarage.com, These guys may know a thing or two, http://www.oilem.com/fuel-catalysts-archoil-ar6200-2/,Hmm the fummin guys seem to think it works https://www.igotacummins.com/archive/index.php/t-2485.html.
I'm seeing a trend here, everyone who actually tried it thinks it works, guys who haven't tried tried it say it's snakeoil :thumb:
#archoilgangbang

Reactions: Patriot
#33 ·
I had an early production '03 that my Duramax buddy's all swore was tuned because it got 22mpg @62mph and outran ALL stock Duramax trucks badly. After an "emissions recall", it was slower and got less mileage. I think it was in the name of emissions!!(thank you CA)

#34 · (Edited)
I never called anyone and will never call anyone an idiot. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but be ready to back them up with facts or your opinion is what is known as unsubstantiated. AKA hot air.

When someone claims "Archoil works" it's not up to someone else to prove it doesn't. I don't have to have proof it doesn't work, you have to have proof it does. And you don't. So you falsely accuse me of namecalling to draw the topic of conversation away from the product and onto me. Buddy, I've been on forums for 2 decades. You aren't going to pull that on me.

And can you find me a link to INDEPENDENT scientific evidence that it works? Not a study done by the company that makes the product? Archoil says Archoil works, breaking news. And the other one's are just threads like this one. That's not scientific proof.

If the title of this thread would be "Does Archoil work?" then I wouldn't have even chimed in. But to say "Archoil works" and then when asked for proof get called names and accused of being someone I'm not, I think there are far more fingers pointed at you than at myself.

I'm not here to argue with the forum. But just as people here have a right to post their "experiences" with the product, people like myself have a right to question it. If someone reads this thread and sees at least one person asking for proof and not getting any, maybe they'll think twice about spending 40 dollars for a few ounces of snake oil.

#35 ·
No we don't have to "prove" anything to you, the op used the product and claimed it worked as advertised. You never asked for proof, you threw out your opinion that it's crap and that it doesn't work. And the only thing that does work is sta-bil, (have you ever heard of Seafoam?) Even though you apparently have no experience with it. Therefore your opinion is worthless as you have nothing to back it up. But we have offered up testimonials from people who have used it, I posted a number of tests and more testimonials. None of that satisfies you since you obviously know more than everyone else.(sarcasm) Some, not all of the tests where from the manufacturer yes, but they would be sued if they put those out and they where wrong. The government or customers have not brought complaints because...drum roll.....IT WORKS as advertised.
You on the other hand, while claiming how great the E3s worked in your Nissan and that you where right because you had fuel receipts! posted this...

"When you add something, you subconsciously drive the vehicle differently so you obtain the results you want to see. None of that crap works. The only thing that's any good is sta-bil to let fuel not go bad as fast. My Nissan truck used to get 19mpg driving it around. I put E3 spark plugs in it and it got 27. The only difference, it wasn't an opinion "oh it sure runs better" it was pure gas receipts that did the talking. I didn't drive differently. The truck is so old that putting good plugs in it helped it. A new vehicle would NEVER see that much of an increase. I threw them away now but for years after installation I had the fuel receipts before and after. The numbers don't lie. The E3's didn't solve a problem, they just made things even better. I would never pour anything into my engine to fix a problem. I would change parts to fix a problem. Some would say that the E3's didn't do anything that a new set of normal plugs would have. That I can't verify but the plugs I removed only had about 19,000 miles on them when I changed them. The truck is 20 years old and only has 36,000 miles on it today.

I can pile enough pillows on top of a lawnmower engine that knocks to where it will purr like a kitten. But I didn't fix the problem. Same with this silly stuff."

So you're telling us that our trucks don't really start easier, run smoother, smoke less, it's all just sub conscious. We haven't even got to the guys running extended oil change intervals because they do used oil analysis and use Archoil. Now if you actually own a 7.3 or a 6.0 when you start having stiction issues because of the ULSD fuel that's designed for newer engines, not ours. Then you go right ahead take your own advise and change out your injectors.

And finally to settle this once and for all, I have a 13 year old boy and he does know everything! I asked him about it. He said it works. What more proof could you possibly need? Oh and beside knowing everything, he also grew up on a farm with 3 diesel tractors, a turbo diesel skid steer, and 5 Ford diesel trucks ending in the 7.3 and 6.0 we currently own. He has assisted me in maintaining equipment all his life and out of all the products we have used over the years.....Archoil has shown the most noticeable effects.

#36 ·
Hundreds of YouTube videos
Thousands of forum members
Independent DOE (Department Of Energy, for the millennials that don't know) study
Several Test by magazine and TV shows
Less then 1% return rate

And we are still having this snake oil discussion.... I don't run or recommend 9100 because it "fixes" stiction, I run it for the added reduction of friction internal to the motor.....you know WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR!!! The stiction "cure" is a happy plus.
"

#37 ·
Hundreds of YouTube videos

Thousands of forum members

Independent DOE (Department Of Energy, for the millennials that don't know) study

Several Test by magazine and TV shows

Less then 1% return rate

And we are still having this snake oil discussion.... I don't run or recommend 9100 because it "fixes" stiction, I run it for the added reduction of friction internal to the motor.....you know WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR!!! The stiction "cure" is a happy plus.

"
^^^^^^^^^^^this; hundreds of videos, and thousands of forum members, but apparently this one man is gonna save us from our plight!![emoji12]

#42 ·
LMAO, I almost went there, couldn't quite do it :roll1:

This thread is going places.

My original statement was that the archoil eliminated the AUDIBLE miss from one or more of the injectors until the engine warmed up. I guess it's all in my head or hearing since it's a snake oil anyways.

I suppose the true test would be to drink an ounce or two of archoil while the old lady is b1tching to see if that noise goes away as well....if it does then it's all in my head and truly is a snake oil right?
No, let her drink it and see if she quiets down

Oh and it only works in your truck if you change the spark plugs :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: Patriot
#40 ·
This thread is going places.

My original statement was that the archoil eliminated the AUDIBLE miss from one or more of the injectors until the engine warmed up. I guess it's all in my head or hearing since it's a snake oil anyways.

I suppose the true test would be to drink an ounce or two of archoil while the old lady is b1tching to see if that noise goes away as well....if it does then it's all in my head and truly is a snake oil right?

#41 ·
If it works do a write up on it. I'd even pay money

#43 ·
I thought Bill Hewitt was a Rev-X guy. Am I wrong, or did he change teams?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.