What kind of toolbox do you have and other "mod" questions... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What kind of toolbox do you have and other "mod" questions...

These aren't the "fun" mods, but rather just general truck stuff...

What kind of boxes do some of you have? The Husky boxes at Home Depot seem reasonably priced and I like the black diamond plate models. The Kobalt boxes from Lowes seem nice too and they have a greater selection as far as configuration and size but they are a little pricier. I have a regular cab so I need a place to put fishing poles, tools, guns, tow straps, tackleboxes, etc...

I was also thinking about getting Rhino lining. What is a good price to do an F-350 short bed over the rail and how thick should I get it? To me 1/4" is overkill, but I want to hear what you guys have to say. I have black nerf bars/steps that are a little rusty so I was thinking of taking them off and having them done with black Rhino lining too.

Ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2007, 02:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to BOILERTURF2387
I have a used U.W.S. aluminum box that I found at a swap meet for $100. I believe they retail for around 250. Great box for the money.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I have a box from Home Depot it sits down inside the bed instead of on the bed rails. It is a good box for the money but if i buy another one I will buy a Weather Guard.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
I've got a John Deere Box. Sits inbetween the bed rails. I like it plus it came with the truck.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:22 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
I had a diamond plate aluminum box made by Adrian Steel out of Adrian Mi. It was a good box besides I had so much wieght in it from chains the floor fell out. Plus it was great price, free. Kinda nice to have a buddy working at the factory. Also the 99-present PSD trucks have a wider bed then normal so if you can get the box that fits to the edge of the bedside so it is flush with the outside of the bedside. Just a little FYI
Old 02-20-2007, 03:42 PM

i got a small truck box that is in side the bed and sits below the top of the bed, but a good place to get a tool box is tractor supply they have a big selection or camping world, also for the rhino lineing 350-450 somewhere in their is a good price. i got mine done for 360.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
as far as toolboxes go i agree with DJ weather gaurd is the way to go if you have the money but on the spray in liner i have had both line x and rhino lining the rhino is in my f350 but thats because i bought it with it if it wasnt for that i would go with line x it seems better quality to me and the cost for a shortbox is about 425
Old 02-20-2007, 04:28 PM

tell ya one thing, do not get the black plastic ones, if you put any kind of weight in em and come summer time if you are where it gets fairly warm, they start sagging.
also check your local pawnshops, thats where i got my last one, just threw couple of hd lock hasps and master locks on her and it was great, cowboy brand out of ft worth.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:41 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
I also have a UWS toolbox. It's black with diamond plate. I love it!!!

I also have a UWS headache rack, black again, and SUPER AWESOME!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:25 PM

Weatherguard boxes are expensive, but I have one on my 00 f-350, and they're all we use at work. If you're going to use it day in and day out, weatherguard is worth the extra cabbage. I think t.s.c. carries them now, there used to be only a few places around to get them. As far as the liner goes, I have line-x and I'm real happy with it. I think it was about 370$, but thats been about five years ago, probly more nowadays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.