ebay & front hubs? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 06:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ebay & front hubs?

I am going to ask a similar question that I have seen here before. I have a late '99 4wd F-250 and know of the common problem they have with front bearings and since they are sealed most will just replace the hub assembly. I have 93,000mi and am running 35" tires on my original hubs/bearings with no problem but am going to go ahead and replace them for the sake of preventive maintenance because it will happen (go bad) when I am out of town or something. Question is I have looked on ebay and have seen them sold as sets for $230 to $400 plus. They all have a 1 year/unlimited mileage warranty. Would you trust these? They use the same manufacturer part # but under different names...i.e. GMB, Autoparts International, etc......none I have heard of. Just don't want cheap but also don't want to spend more for the exact same thing. Anyone have thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Dynatrac!!! But if you aren't rich I would only want Ford parts going back in. I think Powerstrokeshop.com has a good deal on the whole kit.
These cheap oversea bearings are junk and you will regret the day you ever installed them to save a few $$$$ Just my .02 but that's what you asked for.

NCH
Old 08-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for replying. I will check them out and see what lind of price they offer. I kind of figured the end result would be "you get what you paid for"! Thanks again.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
I wont recommend powerstrokeshop to anyone anymore. Since Bob quit the place has gone to chit. Customer service is gone there
Old 08-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Any other suggestions as to who may have good deals on this stuff?
Old 08-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Scooter9495 Send a message via Yahoo to Scooter9495
Just some information regarding the bearings, i have installed these exact bearings from ebay FORD EXCURSION ABS WHEEL HUB BEARING 00 01 02 03 04 05:eBay Motors (item 310160510604 end time Sep-06-09 17:02:05 PDT)
on a friends 2001 crew and he is going on 3500 miles with them, i have checked them 3 times now and they are still smooth,tight, and running great.
we used these bearings because he couldnt afford OEM, i installed them for free just for the reason of seeing if they are any good.he also has no abs sensor issues with the ones that came on these.

I know this is still low mileage for proof but i thought i would put this info in here since i am testing these and they are doing great so far.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks! I noticed the part number was the same as other ebayers but I beleive various manufacturers use the same number. The only difference between mine and the ones in the link is mine only has rear abs. It is a late '99 but no front abs and for some reason the non abs hubs are more expensive which I figured it would be the opposite unless it is less common. One ebay site claims they are ASE master mechanics and use the same parts they sale and they appear to be the same as the others. I may try them and see if I don't find a good deal elsewhere. Keep me posted on the hubs you replaced.....and thanks for the feedback!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:54 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter9495 View Post
Just some information regarding the bearings, i have installed these exact bearings from ebay FORD EXCURSION ABS WHEEL HUB BEARING 00 01 02 03 04 05:eBay Motors (item 310160510604 end time Sep-06-09 17:02:05 PDT)
on a friends 2001 crew and he is going on 3500 miles with them, i have checked them 3 times now and they are still smooth,tight, and running great.
we used these bearings because he couldnt afford OEM, i installed them for free just for the reason of seeing if they are any good.he also has no abs sensor issues with the ones that came on these.

I know this is still low mileage for proof but i thought i would put this info in here since i am testing these and they are doing great so far.
I wish your buddy the best, I really do, but I have seen to many foreign bearing fall apart that I will never use them or recommend them. 3,500 miles ain't nothing, report back at 15-20K and see if they are still in great shape. As I said I hope for him that they are, but I sure wouldn't bet on it.

NCH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.