Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HELP!!!!!

770 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Cumminskiller2007 
#1 ·
Ok here is the deal bought a SCT SF3 and I can drive it on all the preloaded tunes with no problems,but I had a 100hp Daily driving tune, and a 140-160hp extreme tune put on and when I accelerate with it on those 2 tunes I here a rattling noise from the rear of engine/front of tranny its a 6speed manual not a auto, sounds the same as a spark knock on a gasoline engine, I asked the dealer where I bought the tuner and he said it was common for the 7.3 when the fuel is turned up:dunno::dunno::dunno:

#3 ·
sounds like it could be just the timing from the tune but thats just a guess without hearing it

#4 ·
does anyone know anyway to fix it if it is the timing

#5 ·
Well when i had my edge "junk" tuner, i would hear my rear #8 injector cackle. I actually still hear it stock when my truck has been pulling for a long while and i stop and get out. It sounds like a knocking sound. Maybe this isn't what your hearing, but its common on the 7.3's due to a lack of oil pressure at the rear #8. Fords fix to the cackle was to switch to an AE injector i believe for that cylinder. The correct fix is to get the high pressure cross over line to feed the rear injectors with more oil. Again maybe this info is useless to you, but i know its a bad sound from the rear of the engine.

#6 ·
I agree with the timing.Mine use to do it also..not saying that is your issue,However,what you are describing sounds like it.I had them tweak on my tunes,all is good.

#7 ·
ok here is a little more detail on it been messing with it, I put a HPOP Xover hose on and it still makes noise, Im driving 45mph and punch it and it makes the knocking/rattling noise but also hesitates and then halls *** but the RPM's don't jump so its not the clutch slipping, and I asked the guy about redoing the tunes and he said they r the same tunes he ran on his 02 for 200k plus with no problems.:dunno::dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.