Air-Box Template - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Other vehicle is an F250
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: N. Pickens County S.C.
Posts: 18,323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Air-Box Template

I'd like to reduce the amount of heat my open intake is getting from the engine compartment. I didn't realize just how hot it was under there until I was riding around with my AutoEnginuity scanner hooked up. I may be able to modify my stock box and re-install it, but would like to make my own.

Anybody got a template (drawing) for a box that fits snug under the hood? I'm looking for something like what Marty posted here. Thanks!

DIY Intake

Last edited by Hank; 08-02-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: texas/mississippi
Posts: 780
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
its gonna be hot under there no matter what hank... i doubt there is very much you can do to help it. if you want cooler air, try the water/meth injection...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Other vehicle is an F250
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: N. Pickens County S.C.
Posts: 18,323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcducote View Post
its gonna be hot under there no matter what hank... i doubt there is very much you can do to help it. if you want cooler air, try the water/meth injection...
No way! I can't afford what that will do to it!

I just want to cut some aluminum to fit the profile of the hood. You know like Airaid, etc. I was hoping I didn't have to go thru all the steps of making my own template with cardboard, scissors, etc.

Does anybody have an airbox laying around that they could trace or were willing to part with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 08-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: texas/mississippi
Posts: 780
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what??? you have forged rods!! haha go for it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit


 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Trempealeau, WI
Posts: 31,143
Thanks: 115
Thanked 104 Times in 95 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
No way! I can't afford what that will do to it!

I just want to cut some aluminum to fit the profile of the hood. You know like Airaid, etc. I was hoping I didn't have to go thru all the steps of making my own template with cardboard, scissors, etc.

Does anybody have an airbox laying around that they could trace or were willing to part with?
If you just use water it wont damage anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: texas/mississippi
Posts: 780
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hank i gotta a AFE stage one if you want it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Powerstroke Junkie


 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mayberry, NC
Posts: 8,309
Thanks: 0
Thanked 37 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hank,
What about switching your hood to a cowl hood, that will cool it faster than anything. Either that or do the zoodad mod and plumb it to wherever you want, you can probably do the zoodad on both sides and plumb them to different locations. I read your post and I hit myself in the head. I have had my AE for a couple months now and have never put the disc in the puter!!!
Take Care

NCH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: texas/mississippi
Posts: 780
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
Hank,
What about switching your hood to a cowl hood, that will cool it faster than anything. Either that or do the zoodad mod and plumb it to wherever you want, you can probably do the zoodad on both sides and plumb them to different locations. I read your post and I hit myself in the head. I have had my AE for a couple months now and have never put the disc in the puter!!!
Take Care

NCH
the "hankdaddy mod" is hanks so called version of the zoodad... FYI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 08-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 475
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcducote View Post
hank i gotta a AFE stage one if you want it...
If he isn't interested in your AFE stage 1, then I would be. I would love to finally start some mods, but with the financial situation of the world today... Let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors