Would you buy this truck? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Would you buy this truck?

Hello all newbee to sight and looking for advice.

Found a 2003 F350 Supercab XLT Dually 7.3 powerstroke 6sp maunal with 183000 miles. Really need a pick up to haul all the stuff we take camping and other problems not having a bed presents with the Excursion we have now.

Would you buy this truck? it appears to be clean, needs tires no major dents other than some light hail on the hood, has a goose neck back in the box at front of the is bent toward the cab, but not touching it, tail, gate inner plate is pretty banged up. But the interior is clean,run great drives good, the body is straight and shiny paint, dry underneath. 14,000 bank repo

How long will this truck last at this mileage not knowing how it was taken care of? Any problems I should specificly look for. Dealer selling it is offering a 12mo/12,000 mile warranty on motor, tranny and drivetrain,

Really love this truck!!! miles make me a little dubious.

I saw the truck before it was detailed the bed was about half full of hay and the interior was dusty but not really trashed out. The motor and underside were clean and dry.
Carfax shows 2 owners , the first from new till 2008 truck with good maintenance at the Ford dealer here till then. The 2nd being till repo this May.
Truck would not be a daily driver but a tow vehicle for 9000 lb RV and General truck type useage.I am concerned about the cost of repair if it craps out.

Its really hard to find a 7.3 around here in any type of decent condition. Usually the ones I have found have been run to death,(300,000+mi) beat to crap(if they still have the dually fenders in one piece it's a miracle) and priced thru the roof.

I cant afford to spend much more than the 14,000 they want for this one to.

The dealer agreed to put new tires on it and have a front end alignment done as well as full service at the Ford store LOF, fuel filter, air filter

Truck market here is rough, but I just dont know what to think about this one.

any thought would be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

it should be fine just make sure you take care of it, cause that motor will live alot longer
Old 08-02-2009, 06:00 AM

180,000 miles it too much for 14k, dually or not. Theres alot of little nickel and dime stuff that starts needing to be done at that point sometimes, so if its dry and exhaust leak free in the ENTIRE engine compartment above and below, dry at the ends of the axles, looks good, drives good, dont make any weird or unusual sounds, ect, then offer them 10k. There IS body damage, and thats not low mileage, AND its just an XLT.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

HERE ya go!! BTW, 14K for that truck is a deal where I live and it sure wouldn't last long. All depends on where you live and how people use trucks in your area. The 7.3 is a proven work horse and very sought after in my neck of the woods.

What to look for when buying a USED 99-03 PSD

NCH
Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 AM

14k is TOO much!!! i bought a mint condition 2004 crew cab dually lariat 4x4 last summer for 12000! the truck had like 154,xxx miles. work those guys over!!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 02:44 PM

I too would like to see the price down a bit more. $14k isn't a bad price especially if your in an area where the truck is popular and sought after, but remember, now is a good time to buy these trucks considerably cheaper. I'd offer a good bit less.

FWIW, I just bought my first P-Stroke, an 01' Lariat crewcab with 198,000 miles, for $6K, and then put $2K in it including a new fuel pump, so I'm very happy.

BTW, don't let 180K scare you on these trucks. That's nothing as far as mileage on a P-Stroke!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 04:43 PM

14k is to much 10k-12k max there are plenty of deals out there
Old 08-02-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcducote View Post
14k is TOO much!!! i bought a mint condition 2004 crew cab dually lariat 4x4 last summer for 12000! the truck had like 154,xxx miles. work those guys over!!!!
04 is a 6L, where i come you can get an 03-05 for the same or cheaper price than the 7.3..

it was very tempting to buy a new truck for less.. trust me. but i found a 2000 f250 lariat with 120miles for 13.4
Old 08-02-2009, 07:15 PM

regardless of the motor, the truck around it is the nicest you can buy with all the options other than a king ranch... punk.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
HERE ya go!! BTW, 14K for that truck is a deal where I live and it sure wouldn't last long. All depends on where you live and how people use trucks in your area. The 7.3 is a proven work horse and very sought after in my neck of the woods.

What to look for when buying a USED 99-03 PSD

NCH
Thats what I am finding here. I have seen several 99s in the last week with higher miles, broken rear fenders for 12,000 to 13,000 and they were gone in a week. NADA regional blue book on this truck is 15,854 with the mileage deduct.
I found a 2 wheel drive 02 last week for 12,000 and it had 156,000 on it. I went outside to call my wife about it and in the 10 minutes we were taling on the phone it sold while I stood there.

Yeah i'd love to buy this truck for 10k but not gonna happen around here. They were asking 14895.00 and I got them down to 14,000 plus the new tire and service.

Don't think they are gonna go any lower. Farmers buy them up, yank off the bed and stick a flat bed on them them run them till they die.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.