Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

if i were to sell my truck

896 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  CarportMechanic 
#1 ·
what would u ask for it with the mods listed and a lot more.. and in tip top shape227/000 miles no dents in body and good tires..thanks in advance

#2 ·
Here's a bit of reading material on the subject. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-7-3l-general-discussion/720657-crazy-7-3-prices.html

I think a lot of it comes down to your location. As it's been outlined in the referenced thread, in some parts of the country these trucks command insane prices while in others the same truck may not even be listed for half as much. I would do a lot of searches in your area to see what similar based trucks are listed for and go from there.

It sounds like yours in excellent shape with desirable mods so I would probably be pricing it pretty competitively if it were mine.

#3 ·
I've learned from several upgraded cars in the past that you don't get a dime for your mods unless it's from your friend. It actually hurts the resale because people think you have been overworking it. The 7.3 is different though. It's the first ride I've come across that kbb does not matter. It's the market which determines the value. I just gave 18500 for an 01 with 96k in mint condition from an older couple. I think kbb is 12k. I've seen dealers with less at 24k firm. With your mileage I'd say you might get 12 out of it. If I were you I'd strip the mods and sell them seperate and you might actually get more for your car being stock...

#4 ·
List it for 3-4k more than YOU think it's worth and some high school kid that heard about the "legendary 7.3" will buy it.

Honestly though I have found it doesn't matter what money you have poured into something...book value doesn't even matter... It's only worth what someone will PAY YOU for it!!!

#5 ·
Put it this way... My 6.4 is easily worth 25k here in MN... No rust, well taken care of. A properly built 7.3 that is in good shape will bring in 12k........................

Obviously its not going to sell over night, your mods will play a huge roll but you need the right person to come along. Don't expect to dump it off in a week or so unless its listed below 7 grand. But if you honestly have taken care of it you can get good money for it. But again, its not going to sell tomorrow.

#7 ·
I paid $18,5 a year ago for my 02 with a lift and stereo from the original owner.Rust free CA truck. Way over book but cheaper than me buying an 02 and modding it.
A friend at work just sold his 99 for 8g. He was asking 10 but people could only come up with 8 through a loan. He didn't really try hard to sell it either just wanted it gone.
Figure out book then add 4g then go from there.
Diselsellerz is a good site for modded trucks (sellerz.com). Maybe ebay. Put it out there everywhere.

#8 ·
Location Location Location

Look at local sales, CL, FB, Dealers and auto trader. Find rigs similar to yours and price accordingly.

7.3's go for 20K up here in Seattle all day long.

And like stated above you wont get much for your upgrades unless you hold out for a specific buyer.

I paid 14K for mine 3 years ago with 150K and in perfect condition. Ive been offered 16K without anyone knowing whats been done to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.