Times are tough... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Times are tough...

I apologize in advance for the length of this post.. But i had to sell the PSD.. I have owned about 5 trucks in the past 7 years. None of which satisfied me.. Then i finally find the one i love.. the best truck i've ever owned.. and i had to trade her in.. it was an 03 model 4 door 4wd.. with a 7.3.. the truck in my sig.. as well as my avatar.. had 140000 miles on it and i traded it in on a 2005 single cab chevrolet 1500.. black 2wd with a 5.3.. it cut my payments in half and im getting married and starting a family in february of next year and i just couldnt carry the truck any more.. its like raising a child watching it grow old and then having it leave.. it sucks.. they gave me 12000 on trade in and gave me the chevrolet for employee price.. which was 7800 it was on the lot for 13000.. so not a bad deal.. my truck sold the next day and i didnt ask how much they sold it for.. because i dont wanna know.. but i'd still like to hang around in here even though i dont drive a PSD any more.. im not sure how that works out.. but anyways.. that being said i do have a couple items for sale off my old truck.. i have an SCT FLash 3 for sale.. and a low-profile diamond plate UWS toolbox.. if anyone is interested i'd be more than happy to sell.. i could sell the SCT for $300 and the toolbox for $150 or both for $400.. the toolbox is in great condition and the SCT is practically brand new.. i'd be happy to post pics of both if you want.. thanks for taking the time to read this..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Sorry to hear you sold your rig man. But family comes first Stick around. After driving that chevy for a while you will want to be back in a PSD
Old 07-27-2009, 07:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
Can I get a pic of that toolbox? Sorry to hear you had to downgrade... to a "Gov. Motors" product of all things! F150's were out of your price range?
Old 07-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That suck bud, but like Dave said, family first. Too bad you couldn't get into a F-150 or something .
Old 07-27-2009, 09:17 AM

Yeah there wasnt a ford on the lot for sale.. it was at economy honda superstore.. my fiance works there which is why i got the discount.. i couldnt pass up the deal.. it cut my payments and miles in half.. and right now thats what i need.. we'll have to see how it plays out.. and ill get a pic of that toolbox later in the week.. if thats ok? if not ill get someone to take a pic of it for me.. i have school from 730 to 245 then work from 345 til 9 then its off to bed.. so i wont have a chance..
Old 07-27-2009, 11:28 AM

On the bright side you now have a pretty fast pickup. That 5.3 is no slouch in a lighweight pickup and you get a very dependable drivetrain with very good mpg. It could be worse, a new kia costs the same or more.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:46 PM

Bummer about letting the truck go.

On a side note: An 03 with payments??? Had a buddy that back in '01 got suckered into rolling over an upsidedown truck note into a 1yr old used Dakota (4x4 4dr loaded to the hilt) for $701/6yrs. Atfer seeing his payment book, I swore I'd never let that crap happen to me. He's still driving it, but I guess after paying that much for it, I'd keep it forever too.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRSMOKE View Post
Yeah there wasnt a ford on the lot for sale.. it was at economy honda superstore.. my fiance works there which is why i got the discount.. i couldnt pass up the deal.. it cut my payments and miles in half.. and right now thats what i need.. we'll have to see how it plays out.. and ill get a pic of that toolbox later in the week.. if thats ok? if not ill get someone to take a pic of it for me.. i have school from 730 to 245 then work from 345 til 9 then its off to bed.. so i wont have a chance..
That's fine, I'm in no hurry. Honestly I ought to go buy tires before I do anything else... but I have such a hard time passing up sweet deals!! What part of TN are you in? I may be able to make a weekend trip to pick it up (after I find the money).
Old 07-27-2009, 07:02 PM

Im in the chattanooga area.. right at the georgia line.. yeah the payment for the chevrolet is only $213 a month for 4 years.. so i didnt come out too too bad.. that payment for my PSD was $392 for 5 years.. it would be different if i wasnt 23 years old and about to start a family.. its all about sacrifices.. and like i said i go to school for 7 hours a day and work for 5.. and still was barely squeaking by.. i would have given anything not to have sold my PSD.. but i would also give anything to start a family.. and besides my fiance drives a 2004 Mustang GT.. so im technically not completely turning my back on Ford..

Last edited by PWRSMOKE; 07-27-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: I can't type..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.