Where the heck is the fog light harness? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Question Where the heck is the fog light harness?

ok guys. this has been puzzling me for some time now. I have fog light housings on my truck, but with no bulbs or harness. I have a fog light headlamp switch in the dash. I have searched for the harness but cannot find one. I just took the bumper off today and all I can find is a connector on the left (driver) side under the parking lamp that plugs into a "dead" connector. It doesn't look like an ABS sensor. is that the plug for a fog lamp harness? From the looks of things it comes out of the same harness that feeds the parking lamps on the driver side...

here is a picture of the connector in question.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

My y2k did not have the harness or the lights at all so i got some lights and just hard wired them into the parking light,other than that i what to do either but maybe i helped.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnWayne View Post
ok guys. this has been puzzling me for some time now. I have fog light housings on my truck, but with no bulbs or harness. I have a fog light headlamp switch in the dash. I have searched for the harness but cannot find one. I just took the bumper off today and all I can find is a connector on the left (driver) side under the parking lamp that plugs into a "dead" connector. It doesn't look like an ABS sensor. is that the plug for a fog lamp harness? From the looks of things it comes out of the same harness that feeds the parking lamps on the driver side...

I just bought a set of fog lights for my truck. I called my hook up at the dealer today and he told me that the stupid harness was $140 I told him no thanks......
Old 07-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnWayne View Post

That connector,on mine is plugged into the temperature sending unit.The outside temp for the overhead console.
My wiring for my foglights is located on the inner part of the frame rail.I will try to get a pic.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
I was about to say I had no idea what that plug was for because I could not trace it back nor get any type of power from it...

now I know.

I'm guessing that all fords have a light switch that you can pull out even without fogs. I took my switch apart and there is no way that it could power fog lights. There is nothing that actuates when you pull out on the knob...... I did find however the wire in the harness at the switch that I presume is for fogs... So all I need to do is find the correct harness and get a switch and I'll be golden..

Oh and I know now how you can modify the switch to use the fog lights without having to piggy back the harness.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

All you have to do is use a relay.Pick up the signal from the park-lights,low or high beam(whichever you prefer)and have it wired up so that it triggers the relay,then the power on the relay itself will juice up the fogs.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

yeah but you still have to chop up the wiring... I don't prefer to do things that way, but will if I have to...
Old 07-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I forgot to tell everyone that I called my hookup at Ford and he said that the factory fog light harness was $104 and had to be ordered from the manufacturer There's no way that I'll pay that much for some wiring. I went to the junkyard the other day and of course, the 3 trucks that they had that had foglights, had the wiring missing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.