Truck total loss - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck total loss

Well my truck has been determined a total loss. Now the fight begins to get enough money to reaplace. From searches i cant reaplace my truck for less than $14000.00. That is to reaplace the truck only. I also am trying to get almost $5000.00 in mods paid. I can prove the mods are there and and comparable prices.

Any help in dealing with the insurance company would help me alot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Premium Member

What happened exactly?
Old 07-16-2009, 11:27 AM

When I totaled mine they were pretty generous I was able to get most everything payed for. wheels, chip, intake, gauges, shell and some other things. I just had to gather up all my receipts. They did say no to some things as well. but make sure everything that you send them receipts for is still on or in the truck. They sent out a separate adjuster to to take pictures of everything that they had receipts for he even called wanting to know what everything was and where in the truck it was located. I have heard some companies wont give you anything as well. just hope for the best. Good Luck
Old 07-16-2009, 11:27 AM

The adjuster just offered me $7500.00 + tax titel and license for a grand total of $9500.00. What a slap in the face.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:41 AM

They are gunna low ball you hard. They dont like paying out what its worth. Its gunna take you a couple weeks to get what u want out of it. Most people hey deal with dont know or dont care so they just roll over and give in right out of the hole.
When i wrecked my 1998 dodge 2500 ex cab sport 4x4with 80kand a 360 they told me that i could replace my truck for 4500 bucks. So i asked them where they got the info. He told me that they found a truck just like mine on auto trader for that price. It was a 1996 1500 2wd strd cab short bed with a v6 and 165k miles.
So i just kept fighting it. I didnt have any reciepts for the parts cuz i was young and dumb, also because when i built the truck i worked at a dealership and got a big discount. i had to leave my job because of the wreck and i couldnt get that price anymore so i had to find all the parts at parts houses and stuff to get prices and gave them that info. After 3 weeks of arguing with the adjuster daily i finally got the money to replace "my" truck and all the aftermarket stuff on it at full retail.

Just hang in there and dont back down until you get what you deserve. As long as you have viable proof they have to give your replacement value if its in there contract, as it was in mine. I had to remind them of that a couple times.

If you have any Q's pm me and ill do my best to help!!
Good Luck
Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 AM

there first offer to me was 7000 a few weeks later and all my receipts they ended up giving me 13,400. keep fighting
Old 07-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Conservative and Proud

My fingers are crossed for ya!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:13 PM
assistant director

my ins. said i had to have extra ryders on my ins. to cover anything that wasnt factory installed when my 01 X got broke into so i didnt get anything except for the window...good luck
Old 07-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sorry for the loss. Here in Louisiana you are entitled to blue book retail + sales tax. I don't know what your entitled to where you are. I'd keep fighting and not settle for anything less.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I think it depends on who your insurance company is. I had one stolen a couple years ago, and they (State Farm) gave me not only retail, but covered all the aftermarket items that I had receipts for. I ended up making money on the deal, which is unheard of. I didn't have to fight for it, so I know I was lucky. Try showing them proof of what it would take to replace it by finding like trucks on autotrader, dealer web sites, etc. Best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.