Join Date: Feb 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Boost gauge - No Reading
Alright guys, this one's got me stumped for right now. I'd like to think I'm mechanically inclined. I've rebuilt a few motors, worked the pits for a circle track team, etc.
This is the sitchee-a-shun.
-PO has a pyro and boost gauge that weren't hooked up when I bough it.
- Old boost gauge line was still in engine bay
- Pyro leads also hanging (no probe anywhere)
- I bought a dieselsite boost fooler, partly for the boost fooler, and partly b/c it would make hooking the gauge up pretty easy.
- Bought a gauge hookup kit
- Hooked up OLD boost line (still attached to back of gauge)
- No reading
I figure ok...it's an old line, maybe it's kinked.
- Run NEW line and NEW compression fitting into the BF
- Teflon tape on gauge and BF fitting
- Still no reading
So this has me stumped. I put it in drive and did the old spool up, but I got ZERO movement on the gauge. Drove home while I Still had the old tube on and zero movement under hard launch.
I blew into the back of the gauge and it registered 3PSI or so, so it works.
Could it be a problem with the Diesesite piece? Otherwise I'm stumped on an install that shouldn't be this damn hard!