little advise - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
little advise

hi new to this board but not forums . ive been looking and reading up on 99 -03 super dutys with 7.3s . and i got two i got my eye on but i dunno which one is better . truck 1 is 00 loaded to gills with everything 52k its an auto . or truck 2 is 03 with 6spd barebones work truck its got like 61k . its a toss up , on one hand i like to ride in style . but on the other hand truck 1 is so much more then am use too . i plan on using the truck for DD and hauling my toy to go wheeling . i'm at a cross road as which is better . after reading on the PMR issue i'm kinda of up in the air is going to be an issue now i don't plan on mod' ing like crazy . if anything maybe an exhaust and intake . i'm going to making payments on it and it needs to be somewhat nice to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2007, 02:32 PM

sorry wrong section if a mod can move this to 7.3 section that be great so i don't confuse people thanks
Old 02-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Yeah those both sound like nice trucks. The pmr issue I wouldnt worry about until your mod over 400 hp then it can become an issue and your talking lots of modding and money to get to that stage. I guess its all up to personal preference on a automatic or the 6 speed. I like the automatic as I always had standards in my trucks before and wanted to switch. Its nice to have the comforts also if you can afford it. My motto is if your going to be making a payment and you can afford it go for it your only here once
Old 02-10-2007, 02:34 PM
The Fat Mod

I like the 2000. I like to be in a little more comfort for a DD. But, thats just me. Get some pics or something, or if you have a little more info, we might beable to make a better choice. The 2003 probably still has some warrenty left though, might be something to think about. Good luck with the truck hunting.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:41 PM

heres some links to the photos and info

truck 1 Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

truck 2 Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com
Old 02-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Well my preference would be truck one with the lower miles more comforts and you might be able to haggle a little on the price. I just bought mine in Nov for 19,500 to give you an idea.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Also not to pressure you but if you become a premium member for 20 bucks you can have an Oasis report done with a Vin number. That is a report from ford on any maint that was done to the truck if it was at a ford dealer. It could show any possible problems or lack there of to help with your decision. Good luck
Old 02-10-2007, 02:52 PM

thats what i'm thinking . but anything is step above what i drive now its like driving a APC . awesome in the wood on the trails now so nice on the back and wallet hahaha. truck 1 keeps floating on and off soo i dunno if someone 2 stepin or what . still got some time but these are 2 i have been watching close . still comes down to auto vs manual debate .
Old 02-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Yeah I hear ya! I liked the standard in my other trucks because I used them in the woods alot and like the low gearing of a standard for that reason, but with a PSD your not going to be romping around in the woods at least not me, so I love the convienience of the auto. Im sure you wont be disapointed either way
Old 02-10-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalidle View Post
Also not to pressure you but if you become a premium member for 20 bucks you can have an Oasis report done with a Vin number. That is a report from ford on any maint that was done to the truck if it was at a ford dealer. It could show any possible problems or lack there of to help with your decision. Good luck

yeah i work for a saab/ zuki dealer we do vins . it something to think about once i get to that point them cash is ready to be exchanged. that with alot an carfax is prob a good idea. BTW does anyone know of known problems with electric 4x4 . i'm not a big fan of it i rather a leveler. how does one pay to have a vin run ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.