problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 02:46 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
problems

$357.00 from the dealer. But when your wipers are working on there own ( with out turning them on). When your fuel pump relay no longer works, and when you are having other electrical ghosts in your truck like the truck being shut off on its own going down the road. What else can you do but get a new fuse box.

I should have it tomorrow, I am still driving my truck. But right now just to work and home. Hopefully I can pick up the new fuse box tomorrow before work. Then I will install it when I get off work.

Just a couple weeks ago Wroit (Will) came over, we fixed my powersteering pump and put in a new belt tensioner, and put on a new upper radiator hose that goes around the belt, and we even put on a new belt.

I also have two bad u-joints. The clunking is getting louder. So I am planning on replacing them tomorrow after work as well. Got to keep this truck on the road.

Everyone tells me you need a new truck. I keep asking them to buy me one. But no one has came to me with a new truck.

The thing is I can't afford a truck payment right now. I am stretched thin on the money side of things right now. But at this point who isn't.

So sure my truck has a ball joint going bad, in need of new tie rods, shocks, hpop has a leak, has a few other problems as well. But they will get tended to when I can get to them.

People say I neglect my truck. I tell them my truck is not neglected it is used as a truck should be. My truck is not a trailer queen. It does not look pretty. It has dents, rust, scratches, and all the signs of being 7 years old with 195,000 miles on it.

But you know what, when I turn the key it starts up. When I put it in gear it moves.

So to anyone that wants me to have a new truck. Oh btw my truck gets on average 18-20 mpg everyday driving and when I get on that open highway I get 22 mpg on average. Last I checked it gets better mpg then a new truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2009, 02:51 PM
wriott

it will start, but to keep it running make sure you flip that switch on your dash
Old 06-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Emergency Services

Funny.. I had an ambulance do some strange electrical things like that... turned out to be a bad ground behind the dash.

Our ambulance kept running with the key off...
Old 06-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Emergency Services

oh.. btw that was a fun time trying to figure that one out!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:00 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriott View Post
it will start, but to keep it running make sure you flip that switch on your dash
Hopefully after tomorrow that switch will not be needed. In my year truck the fuse box has the fuel pump relay with in it. Meaning when that relay goes bad, you need to replace the whole fuse box. I think I told you this before.

But now I got a bunch of little ghosts. Like the wipers coming on all by themselves, truck shutting off and turning back on by itself. I can be crusing down the road, the truck will shut off like you turned the key off. No it is not the cps because I already replaced it with a new one.

It is all leading back to the fuse box being the problem. The fuse box is the GEM module in my truck as well. Most likely it is getting wet. Now I have to find where the water is getting in at and fix that too.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:11 PM
wriott

yeah it sounds like its getting wet, or it got wet and now has intermittent shorts. if i wasnt so busy at work i would come down and help you out.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:15 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriott View Post
yeah it sounds like its getting wet, or it got wet and now has intermittent shorts. if i wasnt so busy at work i would come down and help you out.
I will be doing this at 1030-11pm. If you came down I doubt you would be going to work the next day.

It takes about 30 minutes to swap out the fuse box then another 30 minutes to put in all the fuses and relays.

Then I figure I have to check all the circuits to make sure everything is working.

Then after I know that all the electrical is working and the truck runs and drives. I will do the U-joints. That will take about another hour. So I figure by the time I am done working on everything I will be done around 230am.

Oh and I have hit 3 deer with my truck and it still has not gone to a body shop. But I have 3 dents in my front bumper from the deer I have hit.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:48 PM
wriott

you hit the deer since i have been down there???
Old 06-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That whole thing sounds wild!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had a similar issue with my old truck, windshield leaked, and the water ran right down onto the fuse box. Just a lil help with something to look for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.