help with exterior upgrades - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 07:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
help with exterior upgrades

I have a late 99 f250 it is dark green it has no exterior upgrades besides tires and rims.
i would like input in what kind of headlights/tail to install?
should i really spend money on a black fuel grill?
also which bumper should i go for road armor,NFAB or whatever else there is?
also if you think of anything else feel free to give your input
Attached Thumbnails
help with exterior upgrades-justin-truck.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Some Harley Headlights , aren't fuel grills like $700 ?? Waste of money and way cheaper options IMO.
Whatever you do on a bumper don't go with Iron Cross , shoddy workmanship as far as " toughness " factor and customer service sucks when you get your bumper brand new and it's scratched up already = not their problem.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How much are Harley lights and I know the grill is expensive but it looks nice and goes with my rims. What company would you go with for bumpers.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:33 AM

Look up forum member tanksf250 , I think he can get you something in a decent range. I had Road Armor on my excursion , they were solid , but I had the one with the Titan guard and it was almost ugly is was so massive in the front. Frontier has some good ones that are not a fortune , ranch hands are a dime a dozen here in Tx , but lots of folks buy them , I like more meat than they offer.
I believe if you look on eBay you can get aftermarket Harley's headlights for $175'ish.
On the grill , search " f250 aftermarket grill " get results and then click images on Google or whatever search engine you use. There are a lot ! I'm thinking of going to the black 06-07 grill with the billet inserts and the Harley lights. There are also some clear corner Harley's on eBay for a slight change over the amber corner Harley's.
I've seen one grill in black that has two cutout for driving lights like the mustangs have , looks pretty cool , but not sure how it would be on a superduty. See all the time where people ghost the lights behind the grill but never built in recess spots for them.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My plan is getting a bumper with a winch mount my father owns a towing company and I go off road and get things all the time and the winch will make life easier. I also want to buy a light bar but those are so expensive
Old 03-22-2014, 01:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

look at black box logistics for led light bars. By far the best prices I have seen without having to go with a ebay knock off.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:54 PM

No help here on the light bars , I'm old school from the days of Roll Bars and KC lights. 4wheel parts had what looked like some decent prices on winches. One is on my list as well even though I doubt it will ever get used.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:20 PM

I bought my 20" off ebay over a year ago. Works great. I also have 2 sets of rigid duallys. Bright but I honestly would pay the price again. You can find knock offs made in the USA and they are just as bright as the big names

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-23-2014, 03:25 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yea, there are no "Knock-offs". You get a Chinese LED either way, it's just about how much mark-up you gonna pay. Go to eBay, get it for less
Old 03-24-2014, 05:23 AM
Premium Member

I bought my 05-07 Harley light conversion kit for $159 off ebay, I have had them for a year and they work great,
then a 05-07 black grille that fits with the 99-04 bumpers $250 off ebay
I just bought a 50" led light bar off amazon for $400 and a SoCal roof mounts $165
24" led light bar for the grille $169
2x 4" Led bars to replace the fog lights $70
then I bought some switches and relays too

I was going to get some road armors front and rear but i decided to just buy a mig welder and do it my self with a couple 100 bucks in metal and, so it would be cheaper and i have a set of bumpers i made and a welder,

stay away from those fancy expensive fuel and RBP grille, waste of money they give off that douche@g look

id get 08+ tail lights too

heres the setup i bought for about $450 shipped, came with everything to do and it was defiantly worth it

my truck is a 2001 so it had old school chrome billet grille with then old foggy head lights
heres a couple pics of mine the way it is now, 8" lift on 35s (soon to be 38x15.5r20s)

don't mind the tailgate cap, some jack@ss stole it

The Following User Says Thank You to ZackMicF For This Useful Post:
Jtcreech10 (03-24-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.