Bumpers and Tailgates - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mdkallam130
Bumpers and Tailgates

Hello everyone, hope all of yall are having a better day than i am. I had a garbage truck back into my truck this morning and do 2700 dollars worth of damage to my rear bumper and tailgate.... pics soon to come...

the reason i am telling yall this is 1) im looking for a ford oem rear bumper with reverse sensors 2) i need to replace the tailgate as well along with some paint issues done by the garbage truck.

Anyone Know where i can find a rear bumper with the sensors online? I have a price from ford but i wanted to see if i could get it cheaper.

also what about putting a 2008 tailgate with the step on it on a 2002 f250 crew cab 4x4 , how hard would this be to do and how much more expensive are the 08 tailgates.

thanks for any help with this matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdkallam130 View Post
Hello everyone, hope all of yall are having a better day than i am. I had a garbage truck back into my truck this morning and do 2700 dollars worth of damage to my rear bumper and tailgate.... pics soon to come...

the reason i am telling yall this is 1) im looking for a ford oem rear bumper with reverse sensors 2) i need to replace the tailgate as well along with some paint issues done by the garbage truck.

Anyone Know where i can find a rear bumper with the sensors online? I have a price from ford but i wanted to see if i could get it cheaper.

also what about putting a 2008 tailgate with the step on it on a 2002 f250 crew cab 4x4 , how hard would this be to do and how much more expensive are the 08 tailgates.

thanks for any help with this matter.
sorry to hear about the accident...

the 08 tailgates are not that hard to install.. their is a write up on here somewhere.... now the 08 tailgates without the stop you can buy for around 300 bucks on ebay... the ones with a step go for over 1k

-Raul
Old 11-21-2008, 09:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to ford_trck
You could get a custom bumper on the rear like an Iron Bull. There is a vendor on here that sells them. His name is Dunesrunner08
Old 11-21-2008, 10:19 AM

If they'll cut you a check for $2700, you can definately come out ahead if the damage was only to the tailgate and bumper! You can get a nice new aftermarket bumper if you'd want and get a tailgate off ebay or craigslist. If you can find the right color bumper and tailgate, that'll be a plus and save some $$$
Old 11-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Emergency Services

I found the 2008 tailgate on the fordparts4less.com website. they are the same parts ford dealers use, i checked the prices to make sure of this and im coming out about 610 dollars cheaper for the same parts using that website. they even have free fedex ground shipping for a limited time.

i checked out the iron bull bumpers and they are a little high for me i think... but i may be wrong. its all going to depend on what the check i get looks like. Also i found the 2008 tailgates on this website with the step for 379.59
Old 11-21-2008, 10:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
just do some research on the quality on the products like thickness and thing of that sort
Old 11-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Emergency Services

i just got off the phone with the fellow from ford parts 4 less and he told me they were factory tailgates but to be able to get that price you had to order it online. so im probably going to order one for my truck.

also if purchasing an aftermarket bumper do you have to get all new arms for them or do the new bumpers just mount right up?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:54 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ive got an 08 tailgate on my 05 and all i had to swap out was the driver side hinge. 15 minute install
Old 11-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Emergency Services

id like to retract my last statement after further talking found out its only the skin that will accept the step. my error
Old 11-21-2008, 10:59 AM

Make sure the tailgate is the complete unit(lock, hinges, anything that bolts on to it), and not just the shell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.