Black interior? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 08:42 PM
OperationSmile.org

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Black interior?

Im starting to look for info for Project Black and Tan's interior. Ill be doing the 05 front end conversion next month and I want to convert the interior over to black. I don't think I want to go with leather (Don't really want the AZ summers making it too hot or the dogs or baby ruining it. So Im wondering what everyones suggestions on cloth materials would be? Im going to get a set of 03+ seats and have them recovered. Where can I find black carpet for a good price? What about a black headliner. Im gonna have to pull the dash out to paint it I guess. Would a newer model dash work in it? I can't decide between ditching the jump seat and putting in a black Harley center console or switching to the jump seat that has the cup holders in it. 4 cup holders would be better.

What is everyones thoughts? Where should I get my interior pieces from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddy View Post
Im starting to look for info for Project Black and Tan's interior. Ill be doing the 05 front end conversion next month and I want to convert the interior over to black. I don't think I want to go with leather (Don't really want the AZ summers making it too hot or the dogs or baby ruining it. So Im wondering what everyones suggestions on cloth materials would be? Im going to get a set of 03+ seats and have them recovered. Where can I find black carpet for a good price? What about a black headliner. Im gonna have to pull the dash out to paint it I guess. Would a newer model dash work in it? I can't decide between ditching the jump seat and putting in a black Harley center console or switching to the jump seat that has the cup holders in it. 4 cup holders would be better.

What is everyones thoughts? Where should I get my interior pieces from?
I knew a guy that just used upholstery paint and paint for vinyl to do up his car, it looked pretty good. Gotta do it right, and very patiently though.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
wow thats gonna be a PITA to do... lol

just spray and adhesive on the liner and put a new material over it... has to be removed to do it...

the seats are pretty easy...

as far as the dash goes that will be a PITA.. your gonna have to either Die it or paint it with some hardcore vinly paint lol...

you can only switch your dash with a 2k.. i think its because your odometer is not digital like the later ones...

i coudl be wrong though

-Raul
Old 10-19-2008, 08:59 PM
OperationSmile.org

Good to know on the dash Thanks raul. They didn't make a harley 250 or 350 in 99 or 2000 right. So Im SOL on finding a black dash. Im thinking about just buying another dash and prepping and painting it. Than taking mine out and switching it. That would give me the least down time
Old 10-20-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
wow thats gonna be a PITA to do... lol
No kidding...but kudos to you if you tackle it. Finding a replacement dash in good shape will probably be very expensive, but it will look sweet in the end

You should be able to use a dash from an 04 harley though - just keep your instrument cluster. the 04 HD interiors are black right?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to farmboy930
i heard of a guy putting on entire 05 dash in his 2000 i think it was. Said bolts right up only had to modify a few spots. If you could find a wrecked harley truck you would be good. If you find a second one let me know lol. I been thinking about this mod myself.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:32 PM
OperationSmile.org

Well Im starting to consider to go to tan leather from a lariat cause it will be easier to find and I wont have to change as much. The truck is gonna have to get repainted soon so maybe I'll go to black exterior and tan interior instead. We will see. I think that going tan will also be cheaper in the long run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.