Somebody F'ed with my truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 PM
OperationSmile.org

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Somebody F'ed with my truck

Came out of the hospital today(been there most of the week) to find that someone thought it would be cute to peel the door molding strip back on my truck. So I just yanked it off and threw it in the bed till I got home. I was gonna leave it off and take the other side off but then I saw that the paint was peeling under neither it. So I tried to put it back on and lets just say it looks like poo poo now. Its all wavy. I need some ideas on what I can put there to cover up the bad paint and keep it from spreading like cancer. I DO NOT want to bedline the lower portion of the truck so give me some other ideas. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2008, 08:22 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Wet sand down the clear coat. Then have a body shop reclear coat the paint. Since the molding is off the one side might as well take it off the other side.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:39 PM

You could try something like I did to fix some side damage. I sanded out the imperfections as best I could and had these vinyl decals installed. Was around $130 installed. Could save some if you did it yourself (I think the decals were $85) but there is some art to it. Lots of designs and widths to choose from. This one is called Street Heat.

Jeb
Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 PM
OperationSmile.org

Good thought but thats not my style. Where did you get them though cause the may have something I like. I was think about just bedlining a 2 inch strip down the side.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

if your handy w a rattle can, sand down the clear coat and clean it up really good. tape off a 2 inch or whatever width you think looks best, and spray in a nice line. your truck looks silver? gray? didnt click to see if there are other pics, but anyway, maybe a nice gloss black? try semi first? but i wouldnt do it unless you are handy with a spray can. otherwise, do the body work and take it to a local small body shop, prob wouldnt cost too much to have them do something like that. personally, I think this would look real cool if you found a cool color to tie it together. better than the bed cover. IMO>
Old 10-01-2008, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddy View Post
Good thought but thats not my style. Where did you get them though cause the may have something I like. I was think about just bedlining a 2 inch strip down the side.
I got them through a local graphics shop but they are available at lots of online stores, just do a search for auto vinyl graphics. There are thousands of designs from simple stripes to wild whole side graphics. I spent hours looking at catalogs and online sites trying to decide what I wanted. I had actually hired the graphics guy to create a fully custom graphic when I found this one and liked it.

The nice think about the vinyl graphics is if you really hate it when you get done you can warm it up with a hair dryer and carefully peel it off.

Jeb
Old 10-01-2008, 02:47 PM
OperationSmile.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonStroker View Post
if your handy w a rattle can, sand down the clear coat and clean it up really good. tape off a 2 inch or whatever width you think looks best, and spray in a nice line. your truck looks silver? gray? didnt click to see if there are other pics, but anyway, maybe a nice gloss black? try semi first? but i wouldnt do it unless you are handy with a spray can. otherwise, do the body work and take it to a local small body shop, prob wouldnt cost too much to have them do something like that. personally, I think this would look real cool if you found a cool color to tie it together. better than the bed cover. IMO>
The truck is tan. Im am blacking everything out on it though and thought about doing some type of black paint along the edge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.