Lighted mirrors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2005, 03:28 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lighted mirrors

Has anyone put the lighted mirrors on a older P.S.D ???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I haven't done it but I have thought about it very seriously. I want the retractable ones lighted or not. Heated would be nice too. My 99 mirrors stick out far and don't retract, and once backing into my friends carport I caught the driver's side mirror on a post but didn't know it until the cover snapped off and hit the ground. I'm glad I was going slow or I would have broken it, since for some stupid reason they don't fold forward! The cover doesn't stay on so for a quick fix that day I put a couple pieces of electrical tape on the sides. Funny thing is the elec tape matches perfectly, you can't even tell it's tape holding it on! Who needs duct tape?
Old 01-01-2006, 01:26 PM

Lighted mirrors

I have also been thinking seriously about putting the lighted mirrors(led turn signals and marker lights) on my truck. My problem has been the lack of source for the parts, other than the dealer. Even w/ my great Ford discount it's still an expensive addition. Anyone seen these mirrors for sale at a good price? even good aftermarket replicas may be worth looking into.
-Jeremy
Old 01-01-2006, 02:39 PM

ebay ebay ebay...they have everything cheap...i recommend doing a general search on the ebaymotors homepage rather than going through all the sub categories...its more effective. jc whittney has alot of aftermarket things like lighted mirrors, but they may not be ford-style mirrors, they may look different.

wes
Old 01-01-2006, 02:55 PM

I just checked on those yesterday at my local Ford dealer. In addition to the mirrors, you will also need to purchase the wire harness, and they said the lighted ones are a pain in the a** to install. If you have the time and patience, this would be a sweet mod.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
It's not a huge priority for me to have the mirrors after all. I'm more concerned about performance at this time rather than appearance. I have enough appearance to satisfy my liking at the moment. I wanna go faster....!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Banned

if you are moderatley electrically inclined, they are actually relatively easy to install. you need the mirrors and the pigtail connectors for both mirros and the switch. after that you can hard wire the rest without buying the factory harness. let me know if anyone tries this and ill let ya know which wires do what on the pigtails. from there a stab light will get you the rest.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:00 PM

My buddy just bought a 2000 ext cab psd with the big towing mirrors...I was talking to him about it when he asked me if they retracted. I told him no that I took the cover off on the back of the mirror and looked.....the funny part is when I told him that when I first got the truck I was using the mirror rocking the truck back forth trying to get it to retract before I realized they didn't, and he told me "yeah....I was doing the same thing on both sides for ten minutes the day after I got it"
I just thought it was funny and I wonder how many other owners with the non retractable have done that...
Old 02-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

it would be nice to find someone that has done this mod and for them to make a intro post for some of us to follow.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to overl0rd Send a message via AIM to overl0rd
At least you know they're tough, how many mirrors have you seen that you could rock the truck with without them breaking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.