Door Rattle & Wiper Fluid Questions... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-10-2008, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Du510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Door Rattle & Wiper Fluid Questions...

Hey, two issues that I am lookin for help on.

1. I have an extended cab, ie: with the half-rear door. I've got all sorts of small leakage problems, and problems with it not sitting completely tight. However my most annoying problem is a persistent deep rattling within the rear door. I have figured out that is the black hook&plate that the front door latches to. It moves around maybe half an inch, but otherwise seems secure. Before I go tearing apart my door, anyone ever deal with this? What is the best way to clear it up? Also, any quick helpful hints as to the cleanest way to take apart the rear door?


2. The washer fluid pisses with the intensity of a 90 year old man. I have owned many trucks, but have somehow never had this problem. This an easy fix? (The nozzles are cleaned, it seems to just be a pressure issue.)

Thanks

Du510 is offline  
post #2 of 8 Old 08-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mt. Washington, Ky.
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Subscribing. My back drivers side back door does the same thing but it's more like a rubbing sound. I've tried to tighten the latches and the panels but to no avail

Eric@Powerstroke.org

Early 99 F250 with a bunch of extra junk...
Eric is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 08-11-2008, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Du510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bump......

Du510 is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 08-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northampton,MA
Posts: 792
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blizzardwarrior7
Not sure about either of them, but heres a bump.
blizzardwarrior7 is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Jetmek319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Jetmek319 Send a message via Yahoo to Jetmek319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du510 View Post
Hey, two issues that I am lookin for help on.

1. I have an extended cab, ie: with the half-rear door. I've got all sorts of small leakage problems, and problems with it not sitting completely tight. However my most annoying problem is a persistent deep rattling within the rear door. I have figured out that is the black hook&plate that the front door latches to. It moves around maybe half an inch, but otherwise seems secure. Before I go tearing apart my door, anyone ever deal with this? What is the best way to clear it up? Also, any quick helpful hints as to the cleanest way to take apart the rear door?


2. The washer fluid pisses with the intensity of a 90 year old man. I have owned many trucks, but have somehow never had this problem. This an easy fix? (The nozzles are cleaned, it seems to just be a pressure issue.)

Thanks
There is a mod for weatherstripping somewhere here on the forums. It adds tubing to the inside of your weatherstripping to make the doors seal a bit tighter. Maybe that would stop the rattling/rubbing noises???

Sound like a pump or something restricting the line on the washer fluid.

Never, ever moon a werewolf!!!

2004 F250 SD 6.0 Crew SB,
Auto, CX Gray, AFE Stg II, 4" Turbo back MBRP exhaust, Stage I Fuel mod, Gunner Chrome, Recon Plastics, Marinco mod, Rhino Lined, DBA/Hawk Brakes, SCT Livewire w/ Elite Diesel Toons , A.R.E Bedcap, Mag Hy-Tec Diff cover, Home Engineered Oil Bypass System, Kenwwod DNX5120, Clifford Auto-start, 58V Swamp's FICM.

+ = :burnout
Jetmek319 is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 08-13-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Du510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmek319 View Post
There is a mod for weatherstripping somewhere here on the forums. It adds tubing to the inside of your weatherstripping to make the doors seal a bit tighter. Maybe that would stop the rattling/rubbing noises???
appreciate the thoughts

but the rattling is within the door.... not between the door & body.

Du510 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 08-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Member
 
edosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I thought that I was the only one..... Reach back behind you with your right hand and press against the rear door as you drive, the rattle dissapears..
edosher is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 08-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
fordmugg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: west covina, CA
Posts: 1,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by edosher View Post
I thought that I was the only one..... Reach back behind you with your right hand and press against the rear door as you drive, the rattle dissapears..
mine does the same

my name is jeff but my friends call me.........jeff



2003 f-250 6.0 lariat, crew cab, long bed,fx4

Autometer guages
Z plate Zoodad
4inch turbo back
s&b intake
Pro comp
8.5 inch lift
Dual shocks
toyo 37's
stereo System
100% awesome
fordmugg is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome