Truck got hit... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck got hit...

Hit n' runs are nice. Some idiot backed into my truck tonight. I was parked downtown in a paid parking lot and somethin white backed up too sharp, they rubbed all the way down my driverside fender and dented the metal behind it below the tail-light. Luckily they didn't hurt any of my lights back there. Dually fender lights, all 4 reverse lights, even tail-light is just fine, just a nice dent. I got a note in my window from the parking guy that said to call a number for a Hit & Run Report which I probably will do. I dunno if it'll gain anything, I'm not that concerned, I just really need to clay bar it or something. I got souvenir though, they must not have been in a Ford cause they were in way worse shape. I got a good amount of white paint from their car and a couple pieces of taillight i picked up off the ground (theirs)

I also got a girls number out of it. She left a note on a napkin with her number that said "I saw your truck get hit! (plate number this) Call for questions (her number) (her name) I work at (this place just next over, i believe it's a pool hall)" So that's cool! I might call her, maybe I'll go eat up there. I haven't a CLUE who she is, I wanna assume she's young, she dotted all her "i"'s with stars... We'll see.

Pics to come when it's daylight.

Last edited by TurboSevenThree; 07-27-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Bummer man sorry to hear you got hit
Old 07-27-2008, 01:16 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sorry to hear about that, had the same thing happen and it worked out with there plate number they can trace it and get the person.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:24 AM

Dude that sucks! Built Tough atleast!
Old 07-27-2008, 01:30 AM
one day at a time

Just glad to hear somebody witnessed it and was willing to help you out! You should be able to find out who did it and get it taken care of. My guess is downtown at night the other driver was probably drunk and scared chitless of a DUI as well as messing up yours and his truck. Whoever it was, they could have handled it better than running.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:11 AM

Send a message via ICQ to KyBlue Send a message via AIM to KyBlue
Must have been the week for hit and runs. I was sitting at a intersection in the big truck in South Carolina, another big truck came up, and did moved over on me, tore the mirror and the exhaust stack off that side of the truck. I kept him from taking off the hood. He got to the light, and stopped, until I started out the door with my beater stick, then he ran the red light into traffic!

Looking back on the deal - I should have turned into him to let him totally screw up the truck!!! Thats okay, Ive seen him before, and I go there weekly...

It sucks your Truck got hit, esp. In a paid parking garage!! They might have some surveillance video you could go thru, look for anything white coming in with both lights...leaving with a busted one!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:39 AM

Yeah it sucks, I've got the witness of the parking place and that girl (I haven't decided if I wanna drag her into it, but it would be a great excuse to meet her!) It wasn't in a parking garage it was in a lot (my CB Antenna's are way too tall LOL) but I would think those buildings have some kinda survielance. I got the license plate number, and it's definately a white vehicle lol! It's not a big deal to me but I'm pissed they ran without leaving info or anything. The parking guy told me he tried to stop them and they took off then he called the police and they never showed, apperantly it happened about 1am, I found it at about 3.

I'm having an officer come out to look at the damage and give him the info I have. Maybe I'll get a couple tanks of fuel out of it

Last edited by TurboSevenThree; 07-27-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Play it cool and go incognito, she might be a little more than you hoped for.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to Barchetta
Sorry to hear some low life damaged your truck and didn't say jack. They'll get theirs in the end. Fear not buddy!

Let us know how it turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
Play it cool and go incognito, she might be a little more than you hoped for.
You speak from experience?
Old 07-27-2008, 11:54 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.