BEWARE NEW POLISHED WHEELS GARBAGE IN ALBERTA - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BEWARE NEW POLISHED WHEELS GARBAGE IN ALBERTA

DO NOT SHOP AT THE TIRE AND WHEEL WAREHOUSE IN ALBERTA I bought four wheels and tires from the tire and wheel warhouse in edmonton I told them I was looking for a year round wheel they said go with the polished dick cepek dc1 because a quick polish in the spring will bring them back so thinking they are the expert they should know So after 6 months and 7000 kms the finish on the wheels is destroyed they are stained deep into the metal I.ve worn out a power ball tryed every metal polish I could get my hands and been to at least a dozen places and they all say the they need to be wet sanded and refinished WHAT after only 6 months So I called the retailer and asked about a warrienty they said yes there is a 1 year finish warrenty bring them in and we will exchange them That sounds good right so you would think
Then I took the 5 hour trip to get them replaced and guess what I get there and there is nothing wrong with the wheels in there eyes just some mild staining that will polish right out so i started to argue with them till I got to worked up and left Then I called the manufacture and they said I have the wrong wheel I should have chrome its retailers mistake take it up with them
So I called and talked to the manager for over 1 hour and was told to pound sand and thats too bad that all wheels will go to hell in one winter what up with that Then I told them that my stock wheels are almost 5 years old and still look like new so why can't my new ones they told me oh those are coated wheels!! So why didn't they sell me some coated wheels
I have spent over 8 hour of hard work with steel wool, scotich brite pads, sand paper, 3 different types of polish and acid brightner,and a power ball and got one to look ok not good just OK

So I can not bring my self to spent another 24hrs on the other 3 since I just bought them I paid good money which i workrd for for these wheels and why do I have too pay more money and bust my a$$ to keep them looking good
I wish there was a system that could force a$$holes like these to pay for there mistakes I makes me so mad
So I guess the best I can do is tell my story and try to take away some of there customers Anybody got any other ideas

DO NOT SHOP AT THE TIRE AND WHEEL WARHOUSE IN ALBERTA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2008, 01:50 PM

Worthless post without pictures.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:10 PM

Sorry I'm slow with pics here they are The first two are after some polishing the last 3 are the damage! Could someone tell me how to make the pics smaller?

Last edited by IanThrones; 06-26-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:12 PM

Danm Man...............
Old 06-26-2008, 04:40 PM

I have seen that happen to a set of welds. Not that quick though. That sucks man!!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:47 PM

Sucks is not the word
Old 06-26-2008, 04:57 PM

So much for customer service! That sucks, maybe you could get them powdercoated with the chrome color? at least that would hold up.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:01 PM

I can't bring my self to spend any more money on them i already have hundreds in polish and gagets to repair them i think they might make it to ebay and find something else or run my stockers What do you think it would cost to power coat them?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:18 PM

that really sucks man, but that's a polished wheel for you. there is no such thing as a polished wheel that can survive a Canadian winter. Any little bit of salt will absolutely destroy the finish. I ran my MT Classic IIs for only 3 months last winter, washed them at least once a week, and still had discolorations and etching much worse than that.

you can keep polishing by hand (try magic mix and a mushroom buff, it'll bring a bit of shine back), or get the wheels professionally refinished (which will probably be about $150-$200 a piece), or buy new wheels and use your DCs as winter wheels. I personally like the idea of powdercoating them. It'll be about the same price as refinishing them, you'll have a much stronger finish that you should be able to use all year, and nobody else will have the same wheels.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:25 PM

it pays to be informed if i only knew then what i know now!! LOL!! what sugestions would anyone have for a good year round wheel or is there such a thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.