This one sucks! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to turbotime Send a message via Skype™ to turbotime
Angry This one sucks!

OK, so I went to get some of my hay for the winter, which is about 12 miles down the road from me. My hay man stacked it nice and high so as to make the best out of the trip (cuase Lord knows how bad the fuel prices are) I make the entire windy (corners) drive at 55 and as I was creeeeeping down my driveway, just about 300 feet from my destination, whattya know- a bale of hay decided to rollover the roof of my truck and do somersualts off the hood.

so here are some pictures of the body damage to my baby... it is somwhat hard to see as the angle at which you are looking really makes a difference:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2005, 05:42 PM

Dont feel bad. I went camping at the local mudhole this weekend, broke my rear window when the four wheeler hit the back window and just like you i made it all the way to my destination. When I pulled into the ditch to unoad it. I drovve into someone elses rutts and wouldnt you kow it BAMMMM broke the rear window. I also fudged up my tailgate when tryin to pull a 97f-20 out of the mud hole and broke the snatch strap but to my satisfaction I bent his frame from snatching on him so hard. Guess I got the last laugh. Soon as I get some time I'll post some pics and vid.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:46 AM
Conservative and Proud

That totally sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:44 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Sorry to hear that -

Mine wasn't as bad as you two but a couple weeks ago I was in the parking garage of the building next door to mine. It was the first time I'd been in there with my rig. As I was leaving I was going down the ramp from one level to the next and about took the top of my truck off with huge overhead water pipe. It scratched the crap out of it but luckily didn't dent it. I may go back and measure it because I don't believe it is as tall as the advertised hight at the entrance to the parking garage.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:59 PM

Well I finally got my rear window fixed today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woooohooooooo. Got it from ebay for 75 smackers and a buddy owns a glass shop put it in for 20 bucks. With 50 for shipping thats still half of what the dealer wanted for one. Now I just gotta save up a couple greenbacks for my new tailgate, tailgate handle, and paint and Lil Red will be lookin good as new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least no more garbage bag whippin in the wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Military Member

Send a message via ICQ to jwiger Send a message via AIM to jwiger Send a message via MSN to jwiger Send a message via Yahoo to jwiger
Hey Turbotime did you try to pop the dents out? I'd get in there with a rubber mallet.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Hey Turbo i'm sorry to see the damage. I've given up keeping my paint scratch and dent free. Two weeks ago I swiped a branch down the back half of my bed while driving around an off roading area. And yesterday I was unloading a bunch of lumber from a tree house I removed for a customer and as I was throwing the stuff out of my truck, a large peice from the roof decided to come back against my truck - shingle side...right on the tailgate! Grrrr!
Rod you should definitely double check the clearance on that pipe. If anything in a garage is less than the posted height at the entrance they are liable for that damage. I've seen some pipes that I know couldn't be at the posted height!!
Old 12-24-2005, 05:12 AM
Gun Nut

Yeah I think I will Smoke. I came out yesterday and they had a bright green sticker on my window telling me I was illegally parked in the parking garage. I've parked the same way, in the same spot WAAAAAY in the back, for MONTHS. I do the best I can in that friggin garage with the size of rig I drive BUT since they want to play screw around games I'll play. When I get off vacation I'm going to measure the pipe and if it's not the advertised height - I'll tell them to pay for it to be fixed, or I'll get a lawyer. AND on my first day back, since I get to work so early in the mornin' I'm going to park my beast in the first spot near the entrance and show these butt heads just how far my PSD sticks out into the main drive. It'll completely screw up the main drive into the garage.....but they started the crap. A friggin Yugo would stick out so wait till they get a load of me.

Glad to heat you got your window replaced LilRed!
Old 12-24-2005, 06:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokekiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodslinger
Yeah I think I will Smoke. I came out yesterday and they had a bright green sticker on my window telling me I was illegally parked in the parking garage. I've parked the same way, in the same spot WAAAAAY in the back, for MONTHS. I do the best I can in that friggin garage with the size of rig I drive BUT since they want to play screw around games I'll play. When I get off vacation I'm going to measure the pipe and if it's not the advertised height - I'll tell them to pay for it to be fixed, or I'll get a lawyer. AND on my first day back, since I get to work so early in the mornin' I'm going to park my beast in the first spot near the entrance and show these butt heads just how far my PSD sticks out into the main drive. It'll completely screw up the main drive into the garage.....but they started the crap. A friggin Yugo would stick out so wait till they get a load of me.

Glad to heat you got your window replaced LilRed!
Easy now, temper temper. I think you need a glass of 'nog and some christmas cookies.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:57 AM
Gun Nut

You're right - but some rent a cop in a golf cart pasting some sticker on my rig when I'm actually being polite just......well.....I'll go get that nog now. Thanks Killer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.