front end leveling kit? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
front end leveling kit?

so I had new springs put in the rear end, and it gave me a few more inches, i actually have 8 springs in the rear end now, just cause i broke 3 on each side and my spring guy recomended beefing it up just becuase i tow different stuff. But now my rear end sits so much higher then my front. He said he could level it off by adding a couple springs but he qouted me around 800-1100 dollars. Ive been looking at leveling kits, either add-a-leaf or mini leaf packs. Or shackle kits? what is the best. and how hard are these to put in. Originally i wanted to do a 6 inch lift but he discouraged me from doing it saying that there is alot more involved then just putting a lift kit in in order to get it to ride right. ANy advice. i am pretty mechanically inclined so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2008, 06:27 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Unfortunately he has given you bad advise..IMO
Too late now, you could have lifted your truck easily and judging from what he quoted you for the front and probably charged you for the rear it could have been done for the same $$$.

Do you have a good 4x4 shop near you?

IMO You have 2 options. Raise the front using either a 2" mini spring pack or a 3" hanger kit. You Must get a adjustable track bar to recenter your Axel. I would use a Icon kit.

You also probely need need new shocks now..get Bilsteins

Other option especially with those new springs which must ride stiff as hell would be to get a Icon lift of whatever height you want and have a truck that can tow and ride great.

Where are you located?

Cary
Old 04-16-2008, 09:01 AM

I am out in Massachusetts. I have done alot of engine work before, just never any suspension work....cant be harder then taking it apart and puting it back the right way right? If i want to jack it up say 4 inch, which would probably be about a 6 with my new rear springs what would that run me? and what would need to be done in order for ti to ride right?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:49 AM

Yes its not that hard to do a lift just take your time and a bud helping will help. I would get a Icon 4.5" hanger kit with a adj track bar and 4 new correctly valved Bilsteins should cost about..$1600+-

Cary
Old 04-16-2008, 10:18 AM
OperationSmile.org

If youre in Mass do not get Bilstiens. Look here and read the reviews.

Best riding shock
Old 04-16-2008, 10:43 AM

If you are worried about Bilsteins and salt you can do a couple of things..By Std yellow ones, #5150 are also painted Silver for the other series just get some epoxy clear and spray them and they will stay looking great.

cary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.