Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Best Way to Fix Bed Rust

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cowens726 
#1 ·
on my 2000 F-250 lariat I have rust on both sides of my truck right above the wheel wells. I have seen this on several other similar model trucks and while it is frustrating that there is even a rust issue in the first place, I need to address it. It is now to the point on both sides that there is actually a hole through the metal. Do I need to take it to a body shop to have it repaired or has anyone cut out the effected area and installed some type of fender flares? I am just looking for some economical ideas to get this fixed. I would like to keep this truck for a long time so I need to make this repair.

#2 ·
Depending on how close the rust is to the wheel opening, you may be able to get away with some cutout fender flares like the old school Bushwacker flares but if you want to fix the problem the affected areas will have to be cut out and replacement panels welded back in. I'm in the same boat as you but add in both cab corners to my repair list, luckily my uncle is a body guy and will be able to help (at least set back drink a beer and tell me what I'm doing wrong:doh:).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.