Has anyone got a dent ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Has anyone got a dent ?

I had like I said HAD a dent in my right door. I friend let me use his paintless dent remover kit. I really works well. You just glue and pull with different tools. I had a dent that looked like a golf ball had hit it really hard. It didn't take long and the dent was gone. The web site is www.dentout.net . Just wanted to pass on a good product that I had the good fortune to get to use.
There maybe others out there that work the same. This is just the one that I used and didn't harm the paint or finish at all. We have to keep these trucks looking there best at all times HA!!!!! Keep on truckin
99 Red Stroker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2006, 10:15 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
I've got more little dents than I can count. It doesn't bother me much though. I'll get 'em all taken out when I do my new paint job. Picture a 2000 SD crossed with a Ticonderga Class Navy Cruiser. Once I save up the $$$ for the work I'll be Haze Grey and Underway!
Old 10-01-2006, 05:34 PM

Smile Hi Ditty

Sounds like your have a super truck. Mine is fairly clean and I just have the one dent in the right door. The dent was real deep and I was surprised it came out so well. I'm not a body man and if ya take the time they come out very quickly and no damage to the finish at all. The biggest thing is to go slow and don't pull too much at a time. You'll have to get a pic on here. We have to keep these trucks looking good.
99 Red Stroker
Old 10-01-2006, 06:07 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

I have seen them on TV before and always wondered how well they work. I have always had good luck with the good ol' dry ice method.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:25 PM

Hi Duane

How does the dry ice method work? This is all kinda new to me. The stick and pull worked really well. Ya just stick on the tool and when you are done or want to move it a little just put on the release liquid and go again. It is like anything to get really good at it (Just a lot of practice). I haven't had my 7.3 very long Like it really well
99 Red Stroker
Old 10-01-2006, 06:43 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

Get ya a pair of gloves and rub the dry ice over the dent and it will pop right out. It cools it fast enough to acctually "shrink" the area around the dent pulling it flat again.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:08 PM

Ya, mines got a LITTLE dent

Do you think that paintless dent removal will work on this?

Old 10-02-2006, 07:27 PM

beater96PSD

Sorry to see the little dent. Nice truck !!!!! I had a f-150 with an 302 I traded in on my Stroker. I think the dent might be a little much HA!!!!
My trade in truck was a 96 also and ex with 4+4. I thought I liked it till the Stroker came along. I don't think I'll ever be the same again HA!!!! That dent can be fixed like Allen Jackson all it takes is money. Keep on truckin.
99 Red Stroker:drive:
Old 10-02-2006, 07:38 PM

Smile Duane

The dry ice sounds like a slick way to go. Does it hurt the paint or clear coat?? How long do you leave the ice on the dent or do you kinda wipe it across the area. It's sure nice to learn different ways to do things. Also can you leave the ice on too long? This is something a person wants to get right the first time HA!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the INFO.
99 Red Stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.