LEDs in turn signals - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,872
Thanks: 4
Thanked 42 Times in 35 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
LEDs in turn signals

Hey guys i ordered some leds for my tailights and rear turns and i got the hyperflash of course and i know you need a resistor but then i though about it and they wont work because they dont have the 2 phase light(one for night brake lights and one for when you actually are braking) do you guys know of any plug and play ones preferably with built in resistors that have the 2 phase lighting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 918
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recon or anzo but you have to buy the whole light
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 06-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 1,347
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
(one for night brake lights and one for when you actually are braking)

When you say "night brake lights", are you talking about the tail lights? Never heard anyone call them night brake lights.

You don't need to add any resistors when you switch to leds, all you need to do is change out your flasher under your dash with a newer "Electronic" flasher. The electronic flasher will flash at the same speed whether you are using standard bulbs or leds.

Here is one that will work: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...ntifier=247231


Last edited by GregsSD; 06-13-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 06-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,872
Thanks: 4
Thanked 42 Times in 35 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsSD View Post
When you say "night brake lights", are you talking about the tail lights? Never heard anyone call them night brake lights.

You don't need to add any resistors when you switch to leds, all you need to do is change out your flasher under your dash with a newer "Electronic" flasher. The electronic flasher will flash at the same speed whether you are using standard bulbs or leds.

Well i couldnt think of the word, the running lights. the ones that come on when you turn your lights on. but its way easier and cheaper just to splice a resistor in parallel with the the tailights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 1,347
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
Well i couldnt think of the word, the running lights. the ones that come on when you turn your lights on. but its way easier and cheaper just to splice a resistor in parallel with the the tailights.
It might be a little cheaper, but you have to make sure to get large enough resistors and then splice one into each of your tail lights. Then make sure that you seal then up good so they don't corrode.
Changing the flasher is just a matter of unplugging the old one, then plugging in the new one. Much easier!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,872
Thanks: 4
Thanked 42 Times in 35 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsSD View Post
It might be a little cheaper, but you have to make sure to get large enough resistors and then splice one into each of your tail lights. Then make sure that you seal then up good so they don't corrode.
Changing the flasher is just a matter of unplugging the old one, then plugging in the new one. Much easier!

Already know which ones 50W 8 ohms. but i can run to my local radio shack to get resistors vs having to order the flasher. And dont worry about corrosion i live in a salt state and i dont have any rust yet so id say my little resistor will be fine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 06-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 918
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Greg that is a good find. $16 and i don't have to splice into my wiring! I'm in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors