01 bed swap, preventing rust? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
01 bed swap, preventing rust?

ok my 01 bed is shot, got another pretty much rust free bed except some on bed supports underneath, anyways, since I have the bed off the truck, I wanting to know what people use to prevent the bedsides from rusting, just paint, rubberized undercoating, or truck bed coating?

Also, I have heard of people pulling the inner fender out and removing the fiberglass piece in there. is that the only sure fire way to stop the rusting period? any info would help. just don't wanna do this again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 06:37 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my friend just put a 2012 bed on his ,before it went to the shop they had the inside treated with line ex then the whole under side was treated with Por-15 or Rust bullet not sure wich brand was used but they are all very close in what they do, the rest of the trucks underside was treated with rust neutralizer , and painted with the same stuff looks good should last along time..
Old 04-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Superduty Fanatic

^^^^^^what he said!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

is it worth pulling the inner fender out to remove the fiberglass strip in there? I have heard its better to paint the underside rather than line x it? its already line xd on the inside, just wondering about underneath. had dually fenders on it, so already welded all the holes shut on the side, if it warms up, starting body filler and prepping the outside, just wanna get the underside taken care of all at one time. what paint is most people using? heard some people using either spray rustoleum or rustoleum oil base black paint. just wanting to do this one time. haha

is the rubberized undercoating worth anything?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:42 AM

Jrex look here POR15, Inc. - Stop Rust Permanently - Repair Gas & Fuel Tanks and here Rust Inhibitor Paint & Corrosion Converter Remover ? Rust Bullet well worth the coin...
Old 04-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ok thanks prob going with the por15. will do a little more looking before starting. shame they couldn't make a bed to last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.