Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Blackout project

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  CanadianDiesel 
#1 ·
Ever since blacking out the back of my truck, I preferred black over chrome.
So I went ahead with the Outlaw color scheme for the front clip. So far I love it. Next step is '12 mirrors with black caps
What do you guys think?
Should I get rid of the chrome Superduty shield?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes ... Take that thing off of there, If you black it out, make it all black then lol... My truck is the same way, only thig not blacked out is my rims(they have a machned look to them) Your truck looks really good by the way.

#4 ·
Haha I'm getting mixed impressions about that thing.
I have machined rims also (rockstars) and they seem to look even better with all the black.
Thanks for the compliments man!

#5 ·
I sold the previous 08 set...drivers side had power folding issues. The chrome was also permanent.
So I'll be starting from scratch, with full-power '12 mirrors, with the removable upper cap.

#6 ·
Couple of teaser pics to show where I'm at...just waiting on the black mirror caps. Got the power fold/extend all wired up and working awesome. Next will be to fit the 10" bar between those fogs....

#8 ·
Thanks man! Here's a few more pics...there's still just a couple more things I need to strike off my list though:D

#10 ·
Thx bud. Can't wait to get her on pavement....

#12 ·
Looks good, I'm glad I don't have to keep her clean though!

#13 ·
Haha....yeah...such a b!tch to keep clean. Doesn't help that Im OCD lol

#16 ·
Debating whether to get black tubular steps, or AMP Steps....Then the last thing will be the Fender vents, which I would love a set of the Harleys, but those are pretty expensive...

It looks super sharp as is. What kind of lights do you have under your tailgate?
Thanks man; Those are 3 sets of LED lights I got from ebay...they're nice and bright. Both outer ones do brake/signal only, center one has 3 markers for park lamps, also does brake, and either signals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.