Rear Mud Flap Mounts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rear Mud Flap Mounts

This is a good bit of information I would like to share to anybody looking to add plain jane mud flaps to their truck. I searched the forums for a good chunk of time trying to find a good bracket to mount a rear mud flap. With no prevail, I searched accesories stores and found exactly what I was looking for.

Here is a link:
http://www.luvernetruck.com/Product_...0_-548352-.pdf

The item number you will need will be number 4- Part number 544060 from Luverne in South Dakota. Brackets were a total of $5.00 each (what a deal!) and shipping was free to my home here in MN.

I will post pictures in the next week hopefully to show you folks how they fit and look! I hope this information is helpful to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subscribed.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Im ready to see some pics, im looking for some mud flaps, but im looking for more of a big rig kinda mud flap.....
Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'm heading to the post office today to pick them up, and they will definitely work for big rig mud flaps, although if you have DRW, they offer a different bracket entirely. I will upload pictures when I get the brackets, then next week I will post a picture of them mounted (If all goes well!)
Old 10-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

DuraFlap has the only full size drill-less installation mud flaps for your truck.
You can get them plain black, or with mirror finish stainless steel weights, or with custom artwork laser cut from the stainless steel weights. They go on so easy, without drilling holes in your truck, and give the coverage required to protect your truck. They even have extra long to protect your tow vehicle.
They come with all the necessary hardware. Here are instructions for the install on the new body with flares.
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Mud Flap Mounts-2011-f250-lariat-12-n-wide.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011-Current Ford SRW With Flares Rear Instructions.pdf (446.1 KB, 92 views)
Old 10-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I never said these were drill less... and these brackets are FAR cheaper than Duraflaps (not knocking on Duraflap, they make an excellent product, just simply saying they are not for this truck).

After that commercial break folks, here is a picture of the brackets as promised.

Here's a shot of one of the brackets rotated 90 degrees, along with my intended use mudflaps (I have a CAT thing )

You will need a 1/4" self tapper, some ingenuity, and whatever hardware you desire to mount through your mudflap. Here's the top mount location

I'm debating whether to leave the bracket hang like this, and mount my mudflap to it and the bed, or find a way to brace it to the bedskin, and use it as some structural reinforcement as well as a mount.

*NOTE* this image makes it look like the bracket is very close to the leaf spring, I'd like to point out it is not close AT ALL. There is plenty of a gap between the bracket and the springs for you off road folks to flex the $#!T out of those springs and not have to worry about your mudflaps getting rubbed on by the springs.

Intended goal:

Anyway, my thought at first was that I could definitely make a bracket like this at home, with an oxy acetylene torch, some 1/8" steel and a little motivation (which I definitely could) But for $5.00 each, I would probably have that much into the fuel it would take to get to the nearest welding shop with metal for sale. I will post pictures of the bracket mounted, and with the mudflap on it after I finish it up!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Nice find, can't wait to see finished product installed. I'll have to get some ordered.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Where'd you get them flaps at?

Sent from my right hand which has an iPhone growing out of it.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Serving Our Country!

naterenfo1 - like the paint job on your truck, matches mine, as far as the mud flaps, mine are "big rig", I drilled 6 holes in the bumper, 3 on each side, then used 2 pieces of flat stock that are the width of the mud flaps, one on the back side between the bumper and the mud flap and one on the outside (a clamp for short) then bolted right to the bumper, I did that because at the time I had to have mud flaps to protect the trailers I was hauling. And no I don't ever plan on taking them off....they have become a "conversation piece"
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Mud Flap Mounts-img_20120903_192821.jpg   Rear Mud Flap Mounts-img_20121017_155503.jpg   Rear Mud Flap Mounts-img_20120903_192807.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.