Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cab Lights?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BigRed02 
#1 ·
Has anyone added them to a truck that didn't have them? I am thinking about adding them to mine and maybe some rocker lights...

#2 ·
The P.O. added them to my truck, I replaced the bulbs and lenses with the Recon tinted lenses and amber LEDs. The LEDs need a very good ground or they are dim. P.O. didn't add any silicon or touch up paint when he drilled the holes for the screws and even though I'm in the desert SW, there is still some bubling around the holes I saw when replacing the lights:mad:

I did 5 rocker lights on each side, each one mounts in a 3/4" hole and uses a rubber grommet, each has 3 LEDs. There's a thread titled "chicken lights" and there were alot of pix.

#3 ·
I put them on my truck. Best advice I can give you is go with stock housings and add the leds and tired covers (if desired) to the stock setup. I went with the recon crap and am hating it. Had to replace 3 leds already.....

Sent from my Galaxy S III using AutoGuide.Com App

#4 ·
Thanks for the info guys my truck is in good shape overall but there are some dings and scratchs that I may have fixed and painted next spring if I do add the lights I will drill the holes before the paint work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.