Join Date: Feb 2011
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I bought my 02 CCLB 7.3 in TX. its seen one full winter now in MN.
1) Make sure your glow plug relay is good to go. If it isn't you will know once it gets cold out. Ask me how i know.. There is an awsome after marker relay that you can get that costs less then OEM. Can find the mod on this board.
2) check your colant and make sure thats good. If it needs to be replaced, you might want to change it to something like Cat ELC. Mod is on this board.
3) Lighter oil for the winter, or run a synthetic.
4) Windshield washer resivior. Make sure it isn't water or other **** that freezes once the Hg drops.
5) There are a few companies out the that offer rust proofing. I flipped a coin and am using "Rust Check" costs $150, and they spray your truck once a year.
6) If you want good traction in snow and ice, those tires aint it.. The best tires I ever had were "Pizza Cutters" Tall, skinny, and agresive treads. pluss weight over your rear axle. Had this set up on an old Blazer that I plowed with. When I would get it stuck I would have to clipmb out the back hatch, cuz the show would be so high that the doors wouldn't open.
7) find your engine block heater plug in, make sure it works. Maybe put an extra heater on the engine. I tossed another one on the "Glues" to the bottom of the oil pan. With both going, it only takes about 2 hours to get my engine temp up to 80-90 degrees.
cant think of anything else off the top of my head.
2002 F350SD Lariat 4x4 CCLB SRW.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mods; Wicked wheel, Turbo-Master, Zoodad, EBPV deleate, DIY CAI, 5" Turbo Back Magnaflow, Edge Insight CTS, PHP FU Chip, Coolant Bypass filter, 203 stat, Cat ELC, Transmission Filter System, Tru-Cool transmission Cooler, Truxedo Tonneau cover, HID headlights & fogs, LED's for everything else. Rear view cam, Ranch Hand bumper, TorkLift; SuperHitch, Camper Jacks & Stableload.