Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Towing with 37s

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kodeman 
#1 ·
I've got a late 99 f350 srw cclb 4x4 6-speed and am considering doing a 6 inch lift with 37s. I'm not going to re-gear it and was wondering how it would do pulling. I don't pull everyday or anything but I pull a jeep every now and then and sometimes our tractor. I think I gross less than 10,000 usually. I know I'm going to feel a difference I was just wondering if I'm still going to be able to use it to tow with? Thanks

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#2 ·
You got a 6 speed you will tow it just fine.. Might actually get to use granny gear.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#3 ·
You will be fine, My truck used to be a automatic with 6" and 37's . It towed my jeep on a flatbed or my 30' camp trailer up all the grades no less the 50mph... Sometimes i would get slowed down by a semi, but overall no problems..

Now i swapped in a 6 speed and took the lift down to 4" and 35's with a PHP 6 position and it tows great ... To me the 6 speed is night and day ... a couple extra inches of tires wont make a noticable difference.

Hop this helps, good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.