Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bed swap

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  boda65 
#1 ·
I have a 01 drw and wanting to convert it to a srw and was wanting to know if the 2011 bed would fit the truck I can get a bed tailgate lights bumper and class 3 hitch will it all bolt up the same as the old and I will also have to get new rotors all the way around will those fit the spendiles in the front and the axel in the back or does it all have to be changed

#2 ·
The bed will bolt up but 11+ trucks have different body lines so it won't look right. 99-10 are the same with 08+ having newer taillights and tailgate.

You should be able to convert your front axle by removing the spacer. The rear axle is wider by 2" per side but the 10.5 found in SRW trucks will bolt in.

#3 ·
Does anyone have a picture of an older SD with a 2011 bed? I was told that the wheel well looked different but the body line at the bottom matches up with the older body line. Would love to see a pic of new bed on old body to see how it looks. There's lots of 2011 take offs around. Or does anyone have an 8' SRW bed in harvest gold for sale??? LOL :icon_ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.